7♡

!!mention of self harm in this chapter

"I think I will just take a cab, I am running late" Jungkook shouted over to Taehyung who was still in the shower, "Give me a few minutes, I will drive you" Taehyung shouted back. "It's okay, take your time" Jungkook replied walking into the bathroom, "I will see you later tonight yes" he asked leaning forward for a kiss, "Yes" Taehyung replied kissing the younger.

Jungkook made his was to the road, birds had pooped on  his windscreen last night and given that he was running late he had no time to clean it and he didn't want to take Taehyung's car, he was feeling too jittery to drive. Today his father was coming over to the pharmacy he worked at and he wanted to be there on time. "I should have probably dialed for an uber"  he thought to himself pulling his phone out. But in that moment a taxi stopped next to him, it was empty, "yes!" he internally exclaimed, he wasn't particularly fond of being close to people in confined spaces.

He told the driver his destination and they headed off, after driving for about 10 minutes, he noticed the taxi come to a halt, someone had signaled for it. The new passenger and the driver exchanged a few words before the new passenger joined him in the back seat. Jungkook gave a slight smile to be polite, but remained close to the door, maintaining distance between him and the new strange men.

It was quite for a while, the driver was too focused on the road to notice what was happening in the back seat. The new man began to move closer to Jungkook, trying to be subtle about it, but Jungkook was painfully aware of how the space between them was slowly diminishing. He took calming breaths, trying not to panic, praying that this strange men would stop moving so close to him.

Soon the man was close,  too close in his opinion, and Jungkook had nowhere to move, but he told himself to remain calm, they were in a cab, what's the worse that could happen, he figured. The man smirked at him, "My name is Mark" the man said extending his hand towards Jungkook. "Is he a foreigner?  Jungkook thought to himself "But he doesn't look foreign, he looks Korean". Jungkook simply nodded at the man's gesture, deciding not to give away anything about himself. This seemed to upset the said man, as his expression changed, "That's a bit rude don't you think" he whispered only enough for Jungkook to hear.

Jungkook didn't want to say anything, not knowing how the conversation with this Mark guy would go, why was he so unlucky lately, running into strange men and at the most inconvenient times and places. He fondled with his phone, what could he do, the last time at the mall, he refused to leave with Taehyung, and this morning, he insisted on taking a taxi, now here he was, with this strange man that seemed to be inching closer, it was all his fault. He knew Taehyung was still busy with the analysis at his company, so calling him would mean disturbing his work.

He was so caught up in his thoughts that the thing that brought him back to reality, was Mark's hand running over his thigh. He must have said something, because he was staring at Jungkook as though waiting for a reply "Hmm, what do you say" Mark said.  "P-p-please get your hands off me" Jungkook tried to move but there was no more space. "Come on" Mark inched even closer, Jungkook could even smell his breath at this point, unpleasant, cigarettes and booze,  his hand beginning to move up the younger's crotch.  Scared and startled by the action, Jungkook slapped his hand away, he had to get out of this car, now.

"Please stop the car" Jungkook said, leaning over to get the driver's attention. "Please stop!!" he repeated a little louder, his voice was beginning crack, but he had to hold on until he was out of the car. The driver, who had no idea about what was happening in the back of his cab, was trying to explain to Jungkook that they had almost arrived, but Jungkook wanted to get off now, so he let the boy off. Mark had a smirk on his face as Jungkook got off, pretending as if nothing happened.

Jungkook took a moment to take some calming breaths, but he was failing as he rushed to a nearby bush and threw up, he felt disgusted. After a few minutes he got up, he couldn't let his father see him like this. He paced around, refusing to let the tears fall. After what felt like forever he observed his surroundings, the driver was right, they were close, it was a walking distance from where he was. He looked around a spotted a small super market, he skipped breakfast this morning and now that he just threw up, he must look quite pale and he couldn't think of enough excuses to cover it up. He walked over to the shop and bought a juice box, getting an extra one for his dad "this should do" he thought to himself.

He found that his dad had just arrived, he went to his office to greet him. "Am surprised you are late" His father joked, "By a minute" Jungkook replied, reading time off his non-existent watch on his wrist. "Are you okay, you seem a bit out of breath" his dad asked, observing how his son kept taking deep breaths every now and then and how he seemed to appear a bit pale, it was too early to be tired he thought. "O, am fine, I asked the cab to drop me about a block away so I could walk here, I needed some air" his father simply raised his eye brow clearly waiting for a further explanation as to why he was taking a cab in the first place. Jungkook continued to explain what happened to his car and exclusively left out the incident that happened on the way. His father didn't look too convinced, but he managed to end the conversation by handing him the juice box and changing the subject.

The day seemed to drag on longer than he would have liked, but Jungkook made sure to keep himself busy. Making sure to stay away from people as he was getting tired of being asked if he was fine. To be fair, today, he was uncharacteristically quite and it didn't go unnoticed by those he worked with. 

The work day finally came to an end, Jungkook insisted on waiting for his dad to complete his work so he could drop him off instead of having a driver pick him up. It was about an hour later when his dad came to wake him so they could leave. His father had also noticed a drop in his son's cheerful spirits, but he seemed tired already so he decided not to ask.  The drive was pleasant, they exchanged a few words, mostly in an attempt to keep Jungkook awake.

"Wash up before you go to bed okay" His dad instructed as he got out of the car "Yes sir" Jungkook replied with a mocking salute. They exchanged a few words before his father drove off. Now he felt awake, and he didn't like it, "when will Taehyung be home" he thought to himself.

He removed the clothes he had on, placed them in a plastic bag and threw them in the trash, then he proceeded to go take a shower, he stood under the water, lost in thought. Then he started scrubbing his arms, his thighs, his chest, everywhere, he felt a pinch in his eyes, tears began to fall, he kept scrubbing. He felt dirty, he was lost in his thoughts that his body felt numb "you deserve this, after what you are taking from my family , you deserve to give up this much" he heard the voice over and over like it was broken record "hey, where do you think you are going" another voice said. "No, no" he repeated now placing his hands on his ears , trying to block the noise out, but it wasn't helping.

He was back to scrubbing until he noticed blood trail down his hands, he had been scrubbing so hard he hurt himself. He took some time to regain his focus then made his way out the bathroom, Taehyung wasn't home yet. After changing into a pair of sweats, he decided he would wait for Taehyung in the living room. He didn't want to fall asleep, but he had been waiting for almost two hours now, but Taehyung still hadn't returned, and given how much he cried earlier, his eyes were beginning to hurt and he was getting tired, slowly, everything around him began to fade out. 

Hi there

I wont be putting a song for every chapter, It's quite hard to be honest, sometimes I am totally in tune with writing, but then when it comes to finding a song, it's so hard. It's easy for happy chapters, but sad ones like this one, not so much. So some chapters will have a song added, but others like this one, there will only be a picture.

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, it was a bit hard for me to write, it took me a while honestly, but I managed.

Take care okay, get enough sleep and do things that make you happy

LOVE BunnyReads