35♡

Everyone was seated, waiting for the case to start, but Taehyung couldn't stop fidgeting with his phone. Earlier when he met up with Jimin and Yoongi, he asked why no one was with Jungkook at the hospital, Yoongi explained to him that Jungkook insisted that they can all go for the hearing, and that he will be fine.

He was exempted from attending the hearing, due to the fact that, Sohyun was also being charged as a sex offender. It was enough for him to provide a video for his statement.

At this point, it has been about two days since the two broke up and they haven't seen each other since. Taehyung wanted to go and see him after he left Yoongi's place. But he couldn't, the image of Jungkook moving away from him and not wanting to be near him was still so vivid in his mind.

What if he went to see him, and only made him more upset. With the case going on, he must have enough to deal with already and he shouldn't be adding to it.

But sitting in the courthouse now, his mind kept going back to Jungkook. There were enough people to help him at the hospital, that's true, but that didn't necessarily  mean that he was fine.

"I am going to head out" Taehyung said to Yoongi just before the hearing was about to start. Yoongi wanted to ask where he was going, but he made a wild guess of where he was going. "Drive safe okay" Yoongi replied.

Yoongi noticed how Taehyung seemed out of it since he told him that Jungkook was at hospital alone, though he wasn't really alone.

Jungkook sat on the couch with an i-pad in his hands, he was watching the hearing. He didn't even notice that his palms were sweating from how nervous he was. 

Cases such as these, can take some time to resolved, but the Jeons had resources. They found out everything about Sohyun, before prison, during prison and when he got it. Joon was making sure that he gets a well deserved sentence. Even though, at this point it was easy to guess what the verdict would be, Jungkook was still scared.

He was so absorbed in listening to what was being said that he didn't hear the light knock on the door. Taehyung's heart leaped when he noticed that Jungkook wasn't on his bed,  he quickly scanned the room , and there he was, on the couch, eyes glued to the screen.

"Hey" He said is  a low voice, not wanting to startle the other, but Jungkook was still startled when he heard his voice.

"Tae, wh-what are you doing here? Jungkook asked, a bit puzzled, because Yoongi texted him earlier telling him that Taehyung was at the courthouse with them.

"I wanted to see how you are doing, with everything that's going on" Taehyung replied. He wanted to hug him, hold him and make him feel safe. He wanted to be there for him, close to him. Because he hated what was going on, he hated standing away from him, he hated not being able to sit next to him, he hated the pain that came with all of it.

"I am okay" Jungkook replied in a low voice.

Taehyung was quite for  moment.

"I am sorry" Jungkook said.
"I am sorry I lied and hid things from you"

Taehyung knew what he was talking about, the police had questioned him at some point while working on the case. So got to find out more about Sohyun and Jungkook.

He walked up to  him and slowly took the i-pad from his hands and helped him to stand up. In that moment, he didn't care anymore, that they broke up, that Jungkook probably didn't want to be next to him, he didn't care as he hugged him.

"You don't have to apologize for that, I wasn't there when you needed me, I should be the one apologizing"

"But.." Jungkook tried to speak
"It was my fault" Taehyung said.