22♡

"Sorry am late baby...." 

 "I have to leave early today, I will call you later, I love you.........."      

 "I am sorry but the ceo is attending a meeting right now, you can leave a message"   

"Delivery for Mr. Jeon"

These are the repeated speeches Jungkook has been receiving over the past two weeks, it was either Taehyung was in some other part of the town overseeing something or the chairman was calling for him with every breath he takes. That meant he was canceling dinner dates and coming home late, or not returning at all.

His co-workers always gush at the endless deliveries that came to the pharmacy, even though it was very thoughtful of Taehyung to do so, the first thing Jungkook would think of is how it was basically an apology for not showing up.

Jungkook didn't know what to do, but he knew that if the chairman was very fond of Taehyung that was good thing. But he couldn't help but feel forgotten sometimes. The notes didn't stop, and they were random, sometimes there was nothing written on them, sometimes it was something as simple as "hi". But the most recent one bothered him it read "Hyung misses you". He knew Joon would never do that, so who could be doing this.

With Taehyung being busy almost everyday, he also tried to occupy himself with more work, because if he simply sat at home after his normal shifts, his mind would go wild. He didn't try to bring up the notes anymore, he noticed that, even though Taehyung was trying to hide it, there was definitely something going on at work, but wouldn't talk about it, so he decided  he would work it out on his own. He had been working a lot that he ended up getting a bit sick so he decided to take some time off.

Now laying in bed, he was surprised to find that Taehyung was still home when he woke up, he thought the elder would have left already since it was almost noon.

"Shouldn't you be at work?" Jungkook asked Taehyung who came to sit next to him on the bed. Taehyung pulled him close and kissed his temple, "no, I took the day off, I want to spend it with you" he said with a smile.

"Is everything alright?" Jungkook asked, "what do you mean?" Taehyung asked a bit puzzled. "I mean at work, you have been very busy these days, is it okay for you to take the day off" Jungkook asked getting comfortable in the other's embrace. 

Taehyung wanted to tell him the truth, but he didn't know how the other would react to it. Over the past two weeks, Taehyung was personally making sure that Summer was getting the care she needs and all charges against her would  be dropped. She reminded him of Jungkook, what he went through. But at least Jungkook had his family making sure he lacked nothing, but not Summer, at least with his involvement everything was getting resolved faster.

He looked at Jungkook with a smile and cupped his cheek, "We just have a lot to do lately but I can have today off, and I think the chairman is in love with me" he joked making Jungkook let out a giggle.

Taehyung was aware that he has been spending a lot of time at work, but he didn't know how much of an effect that had on the younger. Jungkook never complained or fussed about anything, he would always reply that everything was fine.

And maybe that's why Taehyung didn't pick up on the fact that whenever Jungkook would wanted to say something, it would often get interrupted, by his work mostly. Because in his mind, everything is fine with Jungkook, so he easily forgot to follow up,  he would naturally assume that if Jungkook said it's fine then it's fine. He was constantly spread thin at the company, that important details about Jungkook seemed to go past without him noticing. 

"How about we go out today, is there anywhere you would like to go?" Taehyung asked. Jungkook wanted to bring up the notes , at least now Taehyung was home and maybe they could talk about it, but this was probably the only time they would get to spend together, he didn't want to ruin the day, so maybe he would bring it up at the end of the day.