26♡

Part two

Two months had passed since Jungkook returned back to the orphanage, Lisa and the other workers have tried to get him back to his old self, but not much has changed.

He had weekly visits with a therapist, in hopes that it would help, but to no avail. He kept it all bottled up, everything that had happened to him, he could still hear Sohyun's voice "no one will believe you" and he believed him.

One afternoon, Jungkook was sitting alone under a tree, paging through a book when a lady approached him.

She had been observing him for a while since she arrived, today the orphanage was very packed, it was Fun day for the kids and during this time, a lot of people visited the orphanage, some were looking to adopt, other's simply came to support.

Mrs. Jeon came to support, her and her husband regularly give donations to orphanages around the city.

It was her first time seeing Jungkook.

"Hi" she greeted with a smile

Jungkook looked up from his book, "hello" he replied, his little doe eyes filled with curiosity as to why this woman was talking to him, since he made sure to sit far from everyone.

Mrs. Jeon proceeded to make small talk with the younger, she didn't like how he was alone and away from everyone, so she decided to stick around a bit longer.

About an hour had passed, Jungkook mostly answered her questions, but didn't ask her much in return.

Lisa walked towards them, surprised to see Mrs. Jeon with Jungkook. They exchanged greetings and Lisa informed Jungkook that it was time for lunch and he should head inside.

Mrs. Jeon asked about Jungkook from Lisa, and she gave him few details about him, she knew how much of an an important figure the Jeons were, but still she simply couldn't dish out all the information about the younger.

Weeks went by, Mrs. Jeon visited the orphanage, or more specifically, Jungkook. On some days she came with her husband and they would spend the day with him.

Jungkook was growing to like the pair, since his return from the Choi's, a number of families have shown interest in adopting him, but they all gave up seeing how he was so closed off.

The Jeons on the other hand didn't. Mrs. Jeon soon picked up that he wasn't very fond of being asked questions, so instead she would often come by and just spend the day with him.

About two months had passed when the Jeons started talking about adopting him. Mrs. Jeon broke down in tears when Lisa told them about what had happened to him and how that changed his personality.

It was a bit difficult to convince Jungkook to move in with the Jeons to starts the adoption process, but after much convincing, he finally agreed.

Jungkook was soon considered to be very lucky given that he was yet again being taken in by such a wealthy family of kind people.

The Jeons were so caring from the day he moved in, making sure he had everything he could ever need, they also made sure to make time for him, regardless of how busy they got. Soon they enrolled him in a private school, and also got him private tutors. So far he was adjusting well.

It was after his seventh birthday when the Jeons told him that his big brother that had been abroad was coming home.

Jungkook was scared of Joon when he first arrived, it wasn't because he had done anything to him, but because of what he went through.

The Jeons couldn't understand what caused it, but suddenly Jungkook was constantly having nightmares. He couldn't sleep, he wasn't eating well, they were constantly going back and forth to the hospital, some times they even had to spend the night.

He was experiencing some kind of stress, but they couldn't figure out what it was and this went on for a while. It wasn't until much later when the phycologist explained to them that based on his past experiences, he might be having a hard time coping with Joon around.

Joon later moved out of the house, to help the younger cope better. He visited often, but only when their parents were around.

One day, Joon came by the house unannounced only to find his parents away. Jungkook was watching TV at the time.

He didn't know what to do, but it was a good sign that Jungkook didn't run away when he saw him or try to avoid him.

"Hey" He said, sitting on one of the chairs, "hi" Jungkook replied looking up to him. "What are you watching?" Joon asked. "Big hero six" Jungkook replied, "o, that's pretty cool" Joon said with a smile.

They watched in silence for a bit, then Joon noticed Jungkook begin to tear up, it was the scene where the main character's brother got caught in a fire. Without a second thought, Joon ran to him to calm him down.

"It's okay, its okay" he kept saying as he embraced the other.

As much as Jungkook had this misplaced fear of Joon, he also loved having a big brother, it was just hard for him.

"I will always be here okay, I will always look out for you, you don't have to worry okay" Joon said.

The older Jeons were shocked to say the least when they came home to find their sons asleep on the mat. Jungkook's little hands were still holding on to Joon's shirt, "they must have had a moment" Mrs. Jeon whispered to her husband who smiled.

Things only got better after that, the two brother's grew closer as time went by, and just like his parents, Joon was very protective of his younger brother, finally Jungkook had the big brother he had always wanted.

Years went by fast. Jungkook excelled in his school work, he always felt that he had to at least do that, given how much his parents had done for him, he didn't want to disappoint them.

"You have no one that you like?" Joon had asked, and Jungkook simply shook his head. And he wasn't lying, he didn't feel any attraction whatsoever to anyone, girls and boys alike had confessed to him but he turned them all down. He would over hear his peers talk about liking people but hadn't felt that way about anyone.

"You don't even have to go to university......."

"You don't even have to work......"

"Just remain my baby forever hmmm......?"

It was time for Jungkook to leave for university and no one wanted him to go, all of them feeling that it wasn't needed. But they had to let him go eventually.

Jimin made it easier, being away from his family, he was glad that the first friend he made was Jimin.

Taehyung made it better, he was glad that the first person he ever liked, like him back, and was always patient with him.

He later got to meet Yoongi through Jimin and later Jin, through his brother.

Over the years he had wondered about Sohyun, what had happened to him and if he would show up in his life again, but he didn't.

When he started going out with Taehyung, there are some things he had to confront about his past, but given how their first encounter went, he didn't bring up his past.

Part of him was convinced that he was broken somehow, that Sohyun had stolen something from him, that he left him stained and unworthy. He knew Taehyung loved him, but there was this fear that Taehyung will find out about his past and leave him, that he wouldn't want him if he knew everything.

Taehyung was all he knew, the first person he ever got to like and learn to love, he was his first. And he didn't want to loose that.

So he kept it all to himself, hoping that Sohyun will never shows up, and that no one would ever find out.

Hi beautiful peoples, I hope you are all doing well, I am doing alright.

I hope you are taking care of yourselves, and if it's summer where you are, I hope you are enjoying your break and if you still got school, all the best bestie.

love BunnyReads