Prologue

The beat reached his ears. He felt the vibration on his skin and the lights traveling through the dark room. There were slow, moving bodies everywhere. Some lost themselves in the music, letting everything go. Others were luring those into their trap. Hot curves, full lips – the trap for every man. Taste only once.

He wanted to taste this sweetness, bury himself in the black curls. Her body moved in sync with his and he knew she would belong to him tonight. Finally, he would lose his virginity, become an adult. He whispered an invitation in her ear, and she followed him. Together they walked to the edge of the dance floor. Suddenly, he was grabbed by the arm. She just kept walking, not realizing that he couldn't follow her anymore.

A deep voice reached his ear: "You smell so good." He tore away his arm from the man's hold and went back to find his prey.

Arriving at the edge of the disco, he realized that she was gone. He sighed knowing that today was another failure. So, he set off to leave But before he even got close to the exit, his upper arm was grabbed again and he was pushed into a dark corner of the club. With his back pressed against the wall with his back, he stared into brown eyes that engulfed him. His counterpart leaned forward and smelled his neck. Now he had enough. "Let go! I'm not into men," he said angrily, trying to tear himself away.

"Me neither, but I want you. You belong to me."

Before he could answer, lips pressed on his own. A tongue penetrated his mouth and stroked his. A soft moan escaped him as he absorbed the energy of the stranger. A hand reached under his T-shirt and slid over his stomach to his nipples. No!

He pushed him away and fled. He ran like crazy from the club into the street and didn't stop until he was home. There, he threw himself on the bed and trembled. He hated his life, he hated that he reacted like that. He hated all men, all but his younger brother. They should all bite the dust.

But if all the men in the world disappeared, he would starve. Why? Because he had drawn the short straw of the universe. He was one of the rarest demonic races there was – a male succubus: A demon that fed on the juices of life from others and robbed them of their souls. He, as a halfling, skipped the part with the soul robbing. But unfortunately, it wasn't the essence of the females that nourished him, no, only that of men.

He refused to surrender to fate. He would find a girlfriend and bond with her. He would have children with her. Even though he knew it was impossible, he won't let his dreams get taken away. I will become strong and I will find a way.

Men had only injured him until now. It had been their father who had left them – him and his brother - without protection. There had been three men who had killed his mother and it had been a man who had wanted to attack him as a child. Men were evil. Except for his little angel, because he had to protect him, even if he knew nothing about him.

He clenched his fist and pulled himself together. Tomorrow is a new day.