Side story Chapter 5

Killian had visited the succubi horde in Los Angeles under Kara's suggestion. He needed a moment to himself and ran to a nearby park, where he sat down on a park bench and closed his eyes. For that moment, he enjoyed the peace and quiet and relaxed. In recent centuries, he had achieved a lot. His species had risen from the shadows and lived a proud life. You would certainly be proud of me, mother.

The years had taken their toll. Slowly he had the feeling that he was no longer needed, and this left a yawning emptiness inside him. Who am I when I am no longer needed? What is the purpose of my life? He couldn't answer these questions and that scared him. The wind played with his hair and the song of the birds sounded in his ears. Maybe it's time for me. Time to leave this world.

Wordlessly, he got up and turned around to walk. At that moment, he heard a surprised wheezing and some resistance on his arm. He saw his hand hit the hand of a young woman and the cup that was in said hand fell on the center of her top and the brown contents spread on the white blouse.

Hell, damn. But when he looked into her sky-blue eyes, he froze for a moment. She was beautiful. Golden hair framed her beautiful face and fell down in waves where it reached down to her chest.

"Are you alright?" he asked her, looking at the big brown spot. But instead of getting angry, she just started laughing. The most beautiful laugh he had ever heard. It was as if the sun was rising.

"Heaven, that can only happen to me. I was completely in my thoughts and just ran into you," her bright voice sounded.

Killian picked up the cup and threw it in the trash can, then looked at the young woman. "My name is Killian, what's your name?" he asked her with a smile.

She looked at him to say, "Sayenne. Happy to meet you – albeit in a somewhat clumsy way."

With each word, the warmth in Killian's chest increased. He really had to get a grip on himself. What was wrong with him? He cleared his throat. "I will replace the top immediately. And the coffee, of course," he said, receiving a questioning look.

"Immediately?" she asked in amazement.

Without thinking, he replied, "Yes. Immediately."

He didn't even know what had gotten into him, but when she said "Ok. Then let's go.", he knew nothing more mattered. They walked together to a clothing store and he bought her a new blouse, which she took with red cheeks when she saw the price tag. She looked at the clock and sighed. "Thank you for the top. But unfortunately I have to go, because I have an important meeting," she said somewhat disappointed. Killian just nodded.

"Well, thank you again," she replied and turned to walk.

Killian didn't know why, but that moment was something he couldn't let pass. "The coffee," he said. She looked at him questioningly. "I owe you a coffee. Would you let me pay this debt sometime else?"

Another smile spread on her face and she nodded. She took a napkin from a food stall and wrote her number on it. "Call me when you have time to pay your debt. See you then, Killian."

Silently, he looked after her, stroked his fingers over the napkin. What just happened? But deep down, he sensed it. This meeting was not their last. They met countless times and Killian couldn't prevent it. He gave her his heart.

After about six months of being together, Killian knew he couldn't do it anymore. He didn't want to lie to Sayenne anymore, he had to tell her the truth.

That evening they didn't meet at her apartment, but in a hotel room. That evening he wasn't himself, because he was nervous and afraid. How long had it been since he was afraid of something? Killian was afraid to see the rejection in her eyes – the horror of what he was. So he waited for his sweetheart to come into the room.