Chapter 35 (with smut-scene)

After a short search, he found Lucan asleep on their bed.

He's so exhausted because you don't let him rest at night, it whispered in his head.

Shut up! He wouldn't let himself be dragged down any further, by anyone, not even himself. So he went to his sweetheart and sat down next to him. His long hair was still a bit damp, he must have washed himself only recently. In addition, he had only a pair of trousers, but no top on. Hypnotically, the tribal marks meandered over his muscular upper body, which was bursting with energy and strength. The body of a warrior.

With glowing eyes, Zack stared at his mate. He took a deep breath in and out. It's Lucan, my heart. He would never hurt me. Then, albeit somewhat hesitantly, he put his hand on Lucan's chest. At the touch, he felt his body wince and he wanted to interrupt the movement immediately, but he forced himself to stay.

Breathe Zack, it's fine, he said in a continuous loop. Then, suddenly, he was distracted by something. It was just a small thing, a slight throbbing. Lucan's heartbeat. He felt the heartbeat of his mate and with each beat he began to calm down. His breathing returned to normal.

Carefully leaning forward and placing his cheek on Lucan's chest, directly over his heart. Every beat boomed in his ear, but that was a good thing. This was followed by his hand on Lucan's bare chest and his leg over Lucan's. He listened to the regular throbbing the whole time and finally he could relax. A smile covered Zack's face. I did it.

Lucan couldn't believe his eyes. He didn't dare move even a millimeter, didn't want to destroy what Zack had worked hard for. At the first touch of his beloved one, he had woken up but had behaved quietly. He had just been too curious about what his heart was up to. When he breathed in panic, he almost gave in, but somehow Zack had calmed down.

When his head was placed directly on his chest, he was so happy. What should he do now?

"How much longer do you want to pretend to be asleep?"

Slowly he opened his eyes completely and looked into the bright brown of his mate's eyes. "I didn't want to disturb you," he said affectionately. A snort was the answer he received. "I'm proud of you."

"Of what? That I touch my mate without screaming in panic? That should actually be the normal state," Zack replied with a derogatory undertone.

"Everything in your own time, Nyiam. We're in no hurry."

He's way too good for me. He is loving, understanding and caring. More than I deserve. I, on the other hand, only worry him. No, stop. No more depressive thoughts, it's already forgotten.

To distract himself, he began to play with Lucan's hair. It was as soft and shiny as the fur of his panther. And the white strands reminded him of the snow-white feathers of his eagle. He was so breathtakingly beautiful and at the same time so wild. This ferocity is what he loved most about him.

He wandered with his fingers to Lucan's chest and followed the tribal marks. Under his fingers, Lucan's muscles began to tense. Hmm? He looked at his demon again. He had his eyes closed and only now did he realize that he had clenched his hands into fists.

"Lucan, you all right?" He nodded briefly. "You sure? You seem a bit tense."

"Everything is fine," he pressed out. Frowning, Zack's gaze wandered from his hands to his stomach and- "Oh."

Oh, was right. Now he knew why Lucan was so tense. A soft growl left Zack's throat.

"Zack. Ignore it-"

Another growl interrupted him and violet shining eyes looked towards him. Hell, was the only thought that shot into Lucan's head. Instantly, the room was filled with Zack's heavy scent. The taste of lilies and honey settled on his tongue. Exquisite, delicious. He growled back. His panther hissed and his eagle, which was otherwise always calm, let go a scream.