Side story Chapter 6

When Rika entered the horde, she felt it immediately. She saw it in their faces, something bad had happened. "Lina, what's wrong?" she asked, but the stone in her stomach grew bigger than she didn't answer.

"Rika, please. You can't freak out now," Seira said, looking at her. What's going on here?

"Dammit, talk," Rika shouted louder than intended, causing her friends to wince.

Kara was the first to speak. "Rikara. He found you."

The temperature in the room dropped by several degrees and Rika looked forward stunned. She wrapped her arms around herself as if to protect herself. She had known. She had known that he would eventually find her. And yet... the certainty took her breath away. "I-I... I need to talk to Killian," she said, stuttering. She wouldn't put her horde in danger, even if that meant she had to leave.

"Rikara, he's already left. He went to kill him."

It took seconds for these words to reach her and be processed. He went to... kill him. No. Horror spread on her face. No.

"No, tell me that's not true. He's going to kill my best friend, damn it! Killian has a child, damn it!" she cried, and the certainty that her best friend – the one who had saved her life, who had given her a life – was out there to fight a fight that would kill him, almost caused her to collapse. "Help him, follow him!" she shouted.

"We aren't allowed to do that, it is against the treaty that Killian has concluded. We are not allowed to enter his country. Only he is allowed to do that," Kara said.

At that time, Killian had negotiated a treaty that would keep the succubi away from that land and from revenge, and also so the other side wouldn't chase them. Only Killian was allowed there, because he wasn't included in this contract, so he wasn't protected. The bastard had demanded this at the time and Killian had agreed. Once again, he had put everyone's life before his own.

Rika didn't care, she turned around and called a portal before anyone would stop her. She hoped it wasn't too late. Please, Killian, be alive.

Killian stood opposite him, saw the disgusting smile he had been wearing again. The muddy gray hair fell on his face and the grayish eyes looked at him with a winning expression.

"I found her and will bring her back, after all, Rikara is my heart," he said in an arrogant voice.

Heart? That was the greatest joke of the millennium. This antagonist was not Rikara's heart. He had tormented, abused and tortured her for so long. He had no right to even pronounce her name.

Killian had certainly hidden her so that he couldn't find her – but this demon had done everything in recent centuries to gain power and influence, searching for Rika like an obsessed man. Now Killian would put an end to it. He pulled out his machete and confronted him. "It's time we ended this," Killian said.

The bastard stood up and drew his sword. He had been training continuously since their last meeting and prepared for this moment. He would kill the Phoenix and retrieve Rikara. He had already prepared a nice little room for her, where she would spend eternity with him. For him and only for him. But for this, he had to get this incubus out of the way.

Killian had known. The demon would have attacked him or his family sooner or later, because only Killian stood between him and Rika. Neither hesitated. Their blades met and dragged past each other.