Chapter 38

When Seto heard a noise from outside, he looked up. What was that? He left the temple, which they were searching again, and went outside. Slowly his patience broke. The goat hadn't yet found a trace – treasure hunter, as if. He was just useless.

His mood was so bad that he was about to smash everything. He reached the entrance of the Second Temple and found it empty, then he scanned the environment but saw nothing. It was just like before. Did I imagine that? No, definitely not. The succubus had been here. He still had his juicy smell in his nose. This time I will catch you and then all of you will belong to me alone. Your screams will be for me and no one else.

And how he had enjoyed his screams. They made his blood boil like nothing else. That damn Zorahi. He had always placed Seto under guard so that he wouldn't do anything to the succubus that he hadn't planned for the hostage. Seto would have liked to have torn off Zack's clothes and marked him as his property, fiddling with his sweet blood and screams.

But the torture Zorahi had used had knocked out the succubus for hours and what should he do with an unconscious demon? His leader hadn't been able to break him, but Seto knew he could do it. And that day would be the sweetest of his life. With a nasty grin, he licked his lips. Come to me my little succubus, I am waiting for you.

Zack heard a soft noise. Within a split of a second, he pulled the dagger up and attacked. His attacker dodged the blade and took a few steps back. "Calm down, Nyiam. It's me."

When he heard the familiar voice, he stopped abruptly. He looked up and looked into the face of his mate. Lucan? How?

Zack backed away. He has arrived here far too quickly. Rika... did she betray me?

"She had no choice," his sweetheart answered the unspoken question.

"Did you... ", he broke off.

Lucan looked at him in shock. "What do you think of me? She is fine. Astaroth commanded her to talk and she had to comply."

Relief spread in Zack. Thank God, nothing happened to her. He could never have forgiven himself for that, but he had no choice. The relief was followed by the joy – joy of being back with his heart.

Lucan saw Zack's facial expression change. The tension in his body subsided when he realized the joy on his face. He is happy to see me. Finally I have you again. Even if they had only been separated for a few hours, it had been very painful.

"Zack, you were being followed. Two of Telos' members search the temples for the hidden entrance. Who knows how long it will take them to solve the mystery with the Buddha's head. I have removed all your traces as a precaution," Lucan said to his mate. He concealed the fact that one of them was Zack's torturer. "Thanks to your breadcrumbs, I found you quickly," he added with a smile.

Embarrassed, Zack turned his head to the side and his wildly cut hair came to light. Some of the rear strands were cut off, so they were now much shorter. "I knew your cat would smell them. I just had to leave something behind that carries my scent."

Lucan walked towards his beloved until only a few centimeters separated them. "I've found you," he whispered, and a shiver chased down Zack's back. "Will I get my reward now?"

Zack's heart raced and he whispered, "When we're home." He swallowed the last word, but Lucan understood.

"Then let's solve this puzzle, find the damn key and go home." His succubus nodded his head and determination was evident on his face.

They turned around and both looked into a large cylindrical room. In front of them stood numerous statues depicting all sorts of things – angels, demons and humans. They all either stood, sat or laid on pedestals, reaching roughly up to their shoulders. On the walls there were circles everywhere, consisting of several circle rings and mystical symbols. They also found them on the ceiling.