Chapter 40

Silence awaited them on the other side. Disturbing silence. Lucan had pulled his tantō with the other hand and was in a fighting position. He pointed his head in the direction of the exit, going ahead. Suddenly, he pulled up his hand. Zack's heartbeat accelerated, then he stopped, because at that moment a figure entered the entrance. No.

"Hello, my little one, there you are," he heard the voice that haunted him again and again in his nightmares. Zack constricted his throat, he couldn't breathe and gasped desperately for air. The feeling he felt at that moment wasn't fear, no, it was something much worse – pure horror. Images of his torture shot him in the head. In desperation, he clawed at Lucan's hand who had stood in front of him to block their counterpart's view of Zack.

Seto licked his lips as he noticed the sweet scent. He's back. When he stepped into the door, he saw the object of his desire. His sweet little succubus had opened his eyes in terror and to his sweet scent was added the aroma of fear. Hmmm. Seto soaked up this exquisite mixture and sighed. Delicious. The panic and trembling of his treasure turned him on and made his fangs grow. I can't wait to hear you scream. Finally he had it again, it had taken long enough. Then his gaze fell on the crossed hands of Lucan and Zack and he hissed. How dare he touch what belongs to me? "Let him go, he's mine," Seto growled.

His succubus hid behind the demon, but that wouldn't help him. He would just slit his throat and then they would go home – to his home. He had already set up a room for his succubus there.

Zack had felt tremors all over his body, he wasn't able to breathe or move. His heartbeat roared in his ears. Then he felt a caress on his hand. A touch that calmed him down and gave him the air to breathe that he so desperately needed.

"Nyiam, I'm going to distract him and you'll run outside. There you climb the rocks," Lucan whispered.

What? No, I can't. "Please don't leave me alone," Zack stuttered, clawing more firmly into Lucan's hand. He needs it to fight. You are a hindrance to him.

"Ready?"

No. No. No.

But Lucan didn't care, he attacked the opponent. "Now!" he shouted.

A jolt went through Zack's body. Somehow his limbs began to move, even if he didn't know how. Then he heard the clanging sound of two colliding blades. He saw how his beloved attacked the opponent and pushed with a sweeping blow from bottom to top to the side of the room. With the other hand, which had formed a panther's claw, he immediately followed. Seto dodged the attacks and repelled them with his short sword.

For a few seconds, the entrance was free. Zack ran, ran for his life. As if in the tunnel, he ran outside on the boulder and climbed on it as ordered. Shortly thereafter, he heard a hiss and the smell of Lucan's blood soaked the air.

Lucan had been distracted for a moment. He had to make sure Zack had escaped. His opponent had taken advantage of this and had caught him with a slight stroke on the upper arm. With an elegant, cat-like movement, he dodged another blow aimed at his legs. Then he suddenly shot forward with the tip of his tantō forward on Seto's chest. Seto swerved with a turn to the side and struck out of it with a swinger.

Lucan just dodged and retreated a few meters. The problem was the small space, which gave his opponent an advantage in terms of range. I have to take Zack away from here.

"Already tired? Or too desperate?" Seto asked in a spiteful voice. "You are in my way. I will slit you open and then take my little succubus home. We're going to have a lot of fun there," he added with a cold undertone, licking over his blade.

Nausea rose in Lucan. He didn't want to know what was going on in his sick head. Seto had made an elementary mistake. He had threatened his companion and thus made an enemy not only of himself, but also of his two natures. His cat hissed and gave him strength. His eagle supported him with his excellent eyes. He would tear him to pieces, because he wouldn't let him ever hurt Zack again.