Chapter 44 (with smut-scene)

Astaroth sighed. This lad loves dramatic performances and obviously he doesn't care a bit that you usually register in advance to be here and just appears when it suits him. "Hello, Nix," he greeted the oracle with a clearly annoyed undertone.

"Don't look like you ate nails, hell," Nix said, contorting his face. Belial and Lucan stiffened. Astaroth narrowed his eyes. "Don't worry, I'm not here to annoy you. Hello, little angel, how are you and your son?" he asked kindly.

Aleks looked up with big eyes. "Son?" he asked, stuttering.

"Oh, you don't know that yet? Well, then you know it now," Nix said, as if he had just talked about the weather.

Joy radiated over the faces of the two and Belial embraced his loved ones tightly.

"Yes, love is something great. Anyway, I'm here because I want to talk to you about the clue." He pointed to Aleks and narrowed his eyes. "You! You dared to make a prophecy, even if it wasn't really a prophecy."

Aleks looked around the room confused. Had he done something forbidden?

"So, Aleksander, what do you think about becoming the next Nix?" Silence spread.

"Forget it," Belial said. He wouldn't let Aleks suffer this cruel fate.

"Was worth a try, even if I already knew the answer. Well, what the heck. Now for the important part. Those who will go in search of the second key will not be Zackory and Lucan."

Everyone looked at Nix with expectant glances. Nix savored this second, after all, he didn't have so much fun every day, especially when he could annoy a few demons with it.

"Don't put us to be torture," Astaroth said.

Boo, the guy spoils any fun. "I will embark on the journey myself and my companion is already fixed," Nix said in a melodic tone.

"What nonsense are you talking about? You mustn't interfere with fate," Astaroth said.

"That's right, but it's the path I'm going to take now. Fate has given me permission to do this. It also wants Zackory the Selfless to recover and enjoy his time with his heart. It also instructed me to remind you of their deal," Nix said with a wink in Lucan's direction.

Everyone gasped for air at the same time. Everyone except Zack, he seemed to have no idea what Nix meant.

"Nix, you can't mean that the way you said it," Belial said sharply.

Nix just laughed and replied, "Who knows?" After a short break, he continued: "I will send a messenger in the near future to send an invitation to my companion. Until then, keep your feet still and you two," he pointed to Lucan and Zack, "finally get hot and steamy. I can't watch how you get angry and drool over each other anymore. Be that as it may, we'll see each other again."

With these words, he turned around and left, leaving the others confused and amazed. Astaroth took the floor. "You heard him. We will continue this conversation later, you are dismissed." Annoyed, he got up and left the room.

Aleks looked at Belial and he just shrugged his shoulders. What had just happened here?

Lucan had had enough. Zack's scent had driven him mad for the last half hour, his self-control hanging by a thread. He got up and threw Zack over his shoulder. His mate screamed in surprise.

"Lucan, what to hell-" A growl sounded, silencing him.

"We are not available for the next two days and we don't want to be disturbed," he said with a threatening tone in the direction of Zack's brother.