Chapter 7

He entered the entrance hall. From there they went into a large room. The common room formed a large area in the center of the house from which two stairs ran upwards in a circle on the wall. Like a cake. From below, he could make up four floors. Everything was made of wood making it very rustic looking. Wooden struts ran through the walls into which small windows were embedded. Masks and artifacts hung everywhere on the walls, and numerous bookshelves full of books adorned the rest of the walls.

Lucan felt as if he had entered a treasury. He stopped in front of a photo hanging on the wall. There he saw a younger Zack with his friend Rika. He had piggybacked Rika and both laughed with a big grin. Suddenly, he felt a breeze. Blade collided with blade. He looked into two amethyst-colored eyes. No, that wasn't right, he didn't actually see them. The two eyes that sparkled were a good half a meter below his. But he wouldn't underestimate them. The size had nothing to do with her skills.

"Lina, he is my companion. No reason to kill him," Zack interjected.

The blonde bit her lips and grumbled. "Sure you don't hate him and really want to get rid of him?"

"No Li, not yet," Zack shouted from the kitchen, and he returned to the common room with two plates of sandwiches and sat down on the huge gray sofa with wooden elements on its feet and backrests.

Had he made himself something to eat while I was supposedly about to be sliced here by his roommate? Inconceivable. Not a word of warning.

The demon reluctantly let her kunai sink. Thank you? Lucan felt completely out of place. "The hospitality here is something else," came over his lips.

"Whoever you are, if you don't serve as a meal, you don't have the right of residence here. So note the choice of words, you aren't a guest," the demon said.

Zack enjoyed biting into a sandwich and watching the show. He's really good. His warrior instincts are outstanding. In a matter of seconds, he had drawn a hidden weapon and repelled Lina's attack. Hot.

"Zackory, would you make us known to the others, or does your food prevent you from doing so?" Lucan asked in a bad mood.

"Did a louse run over the liver of the great warrior?" Zack asked challengingly. "Li, that's Lucan. Lucan, that's Lina."

That's it, he couldn't expect more from the succubus. Since Lina had spoken of food, she was probably also a succubus, although she could hide her aura well.

"Lucan?" she asked. Then she opened her eyes. "No, no, no! Out. Disappear before-"

"Did I just hear Lucan?" a soft voice asked from above.

Lucan looked up and saw a woman with Afro and black eyes looking over the railing. Then her questioning expression faded and a shrill cry sounded. The woman jumped over the railing and landed with a spectacular landing just in front of them. "Lucan?! THE Lucan?! The leader of the Second Division of the hell prince Astaroth? THE Lucan who fought hundreds of battles and didn't lose one? The wet dream of every succubus? Ahhhhhhh!", she babbled at a speed that Lucan almost lost the thread.

"Wet dream of every succubus?" he asked, looking challengingly in Zack's direction. Zack bit his sandwich again and showed him the middle finger.

Lucan smiled. He's just adorable. His smile seemed to incite the demon even more.

"I'm Connie. I'm a fan, a huge fan. Would you sleep with me?" the succubus shrieked.

Huh? He knew that he enjoyed a certain popularity with some, but he hadn't expected such a thing.

She put a finger on his chest and exuded a sweet smell. "You won't regret it," she whispered in a seductive voice in his ear.

The smell of succubi was an aphrodisiac that could seduce any male being. He admitted, her smell was pleasant, but not as exciting as Zack's. In plain language, nothing stirred, neither in his pants nor anywhere else.