Chapter 45

The next morning, Lucan was awakened by a pleasant tingling sensation. He opened his eyes to pinpoint the cause. He noticed that Zack's breath stroked his chest and tickled it. Love rose in his chest as he looked at his succubus. In fact, they hadn't gotten out of bed for the last two days.

Zack's skin was shining like never before. He ate more than his fill of me, in both ways, blood and... But Lucan also felt more than satisfied. His nature slept peacefully, just as his heart did. Lucan enjoyed soaking up the sweet air and Zack's scent settled on his tongue. Delicious. And now he was the only one who would ever smell it again.

If a succubus bonded, its scent attracted only his mate. A smile covered Lucan's face.

"Lucan, at some point you will find your heart. This will be the day when you breathe properly for the first time, when you live properly for the first time. You will receive a treasure of inestimable value without which you can no longer live, not even a minute, but it's worth it."

Niam, you were right. I received the greatest gift there is, and I will never let him go again. Txiv, at some point I will introduce him to you, the most wonderful person there is on this planet. He is stubborn, lively and full of joie de vivre. At the same time, he is empathetic and loving. I can't thank fate enough for giving me such a miracle.

A slight movement made him look up. Zack had moved a bit and his hand had moved from Lucan's chest to his belly. He would still let him sleep, even if the sun was high in the sky. On the other hand, this back looked so incredibly soft. Hmmm.

With his fingers, he tenderly wandered over Zack's spine from bottom to top. His sweetheart sighed and without warning, his arm was embraced. When he looked down, he saw Zack's succubus tail which had wrapped around his forearm up to his wrist. Oh yes, I've had a lot of fun with this one and I will have more of it in the future.

Lucan licked his lip and rode his fingers back down to Zack's tailbone, from which the tail grew. Another sigh sounded on his chest. With circular movements, Lucan massaged the base of the tail, whereupon his mate tensed. With a protest sound, his head turned and sleepy brown eyes looked at him reproachfully.

"You can't even let me sleep in peace," he murmured on Lucan's chest.

He's sugar. How can someone be so cute? "I am innocent. Your tail incited me to do so," Lucan replied with an innocent expression. Zack replied with an as-if-you-perverted-tail-grabber look.

"Should I play around with your tail? Let's see if you think it's so great."

"Oh, my tail you can play with at any time," Lucan replied in a deep voice.

His red face buried in Lucan's chest when he understood what Lucan had said. You dork. You moron. I... someday... I swear I will.... An inner cry about his own stupidity sounded.

Lucan found it more than amusing how innocent his mate was. He didn't mince his words and embarrassment was actually a foreign word to him, but when it came to this topic, he probably flipped a switch. Only if he was part of said topic.

Zack sat up and rubbed sleep out of his eyes, then looked at Lucan's chest and his work – his mark. It was fascinating. His mark was a lily extending from Lucan's belly button to his right chest. It overlaid the tribal marks of his demon, but in a fascinating way. It looked as if it was hovering over the painting.

"It's beautiful. I'm all yours now," Lucan said, and Zack had to smile at the remark. He hadn't yet seen Lucan's marking. Time to finally catch up, because curiosity made him very fidgety.

Carefully Zack got up from bed and went to the mirror hanging on the wall. A little pain twitched through his head and he let out a hiss. Images of blood and a broken mirror shot through his head. Lucan got up worried and came to him. "What's going on, Nyiam?" he asked lovingly.