Chapter 46

The water was dripping from the ceiling and the cold crept up his limbs. He had been sitting in this dark hole for weeks now. Hunger plagued him and the wounds of his interrogation hurt him, but they wouldn't know anything. He would get out of here and he would look for him. He licked his lips. In fact, his succubus was what kept him in his right mind.

In the last few weeks, he had thought of countless things he would do to him. He could still hear his sweet screams, feel the feeling of his soft wings under his hands. The sound when he tore it off was the second most beautiful sound he had ever heard. Only his screams could surpass that.

Footsteps echoed in the hallway. Next round? I don't care... wait. Several steps, there are three of them. That's strange. The steps came to a standstill in front of his cell, slowly raising his face. It hit him unexpectedly, he was there.

"Hello, my little succubus," he said with joy. "Finally you come to me. Did longing plague you as much as it did me, my heart?"

His succubus remained silent. He looked at him, but there was no spark of fear in it. Disappointment spread in him. His sweetheart looked at him with callous eyes and asked, "Who are you?"

A stabbing pain shot through his chest. What? What did he just say? He looked up at him. "What are you talking about? Maybe I should rip out a wing to give your memory a little nudge," he replied lovingly. If they had planned to break him with it, they wouldn't succeed. He had burned himself in the memory of his succubus, so he would never forget him.

"Your name is Seto, right?"

The innocent reaction threw him off track. He didn't smell fear, he smelled... nothing. Wait, nothing. Where is the sweet smell that surrounded my heart? "Where is your scent, my heart?" he asked him suspiciously.

"Seto, I'm not your heart," his succubus replied in a calm voice.

"Yes, you are. Your cries have revealed you to me," Seto replied.

"I don't know you and unfortunately I don't know what you're talking about."

Slowly Seto doubts crept in. What was going on here? Why did his succubus behave so strangely? Was that a trick? But before he could deepen this thought, he uttered words that rammed into his heart like knives.

"I am Lucan's heart," Zack said.

"Liar!" Seto shouted. But then his sweetheart took off his top and exposed his chest. Despair clawed into his chest.

"That... That's not true. You weren't... that's not possible."

"Seto, I've tied the knot with Lucan, I belong to him."

Seto's head fell forward. He took him away from me. No. No. No. He stole my heart. His breath accelerated and became heavy.

"The reason I'm here was to get my memory back, but it didn't work. I don't know you and I don't remember anything to do with you. Lucan, we can go."

With these words, his succubus dressed and left without even turning around once. The last words echoed in an endless loop in Seto's head. Then the memory came in.

Silence filled the battlefield. All eyes were on him. Zack grabbed him by the throat and pulled him up. He just laughed. "Just shut up, kill me. I do not fear death."

Zack looked at him emotionlessly. "Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you. You will rot in a miserable, dark hole for the rest of your life. No one will remember you," he replied in a cold voice.

"Oh yes, you will remember me. I burned myself into your mind," he said with a complacent undertone.

Zack smiled. "I won't, because my time is up."