Chapter 42

Loud screams filled the sky. Lucan knew that was his end. The Anzu demons would wipe this place from the face of the earth. He didn't have enough magic to summon a portal.

Seto had tied off the wound on his side and looked at him hatefully. "You took my little succubus from me!" he shouted angrily.

His little succubus? Earth to madmen, he is my succubus. And he would follow him. Are you ready? he asked his natures. They agreed unanimously. I'm coming, my heart. But before he could even move, a bright light exploded on the bridge. Both demons threw their hands in front of their eyes to protect themselves from the blinding light. As the light slowly faded, a figure in a silver toga with mercury eyes and hair appeared.

"Zack?" Stunned, Lucan starts to the figure. That couldn't be real, was that really his heart? Had he survived? What had happened?

Zack looked expressionlessly at the sky, where the Anzu demons began to launch an attack. He raised his hand and stretched it out to heaven. Strange sounds left his mouth and a huge magical circle formed in the sky. Is that a portal? That is not possible. A portal of this size couldn't even be summoned by a hell prince

With a hand movement with the other hand, Zack froze the demons and the other portals on the mountain. They were motionless, as if time stood still for them. Time. The circle began to turn. Everything around them blurred. The time the environment took shape again, they were no longer on the mountain, but on a large wide area. Where are we?

In the middle of the circle stood Zack. The circle dissolved and time set in again. From the already formed portals, which were frozen, warriors of Telos stormed. The demons attacked, then chaos broke out. From all sides, warriors stormed the battlefield with a scream. First and foremost Belial and his warriors – Alas, Lao, Cone, Juri, Samuel, Nero. On the left, Hettia attacked with the Second Legion.

Everyone had stood ready with tense nerves after Astaroth had pulled out all the stops after Aleks' vision of the fight.

Lightning flashed across the sky. Nero and Belial attacked the Anzu demons and took them from the sky. Every time someone wanted to attack or dodge, they froze. Who? Then he understood. In the middle of the battlefield was Zack, who steered the battle like a conductor with his hand movements. He directed time.

A huge conflagration raced towards the Second Legion. Shortly before it met them, however, it stopped. As if time were running backwards, it withdrew in the opposite direction. Zack's hands made a jerky movement, as if he were pulling it back. Then he disappeared from the middle. His sweetheart appeared right in front of him and put his hand on his shoulder. His body began to regenerate.

"Nyiam", that's all he got out of it. He didn't know what to say. Then he saw the first drop of blood and more followed. It ran out of Zack's nose. When he touched his beloved, he felt incredible heat. He's burning up. This power was too much for his body, destroying him from within.

"Zack, stop, it's killing you!" he shouted.

"Soon, we've almost won."

Silently, he turned around. Belial and Nero had killed all the Anzu demons. Telos launched one last desperate attack. Everything was focused on the two demons in the sky. Within seconds, thousands of arrows, spears and magic were fired at the two. A huge front raced towards the two – certain death.

Zack pulled his hands up and screamed. A vibration passed through the air and time stopped. The attacks stopped for a second, but this was enough for Belial and Nero to fly out of the line of fire and the attack hit the wind Lucan looked stunned at the bizarre scene, then at his mate. At that moment, the battle was over. Telos' followers fled through portals, but most of them were captured.