Chapter 47

Zack knocked – this time really – on the door. It opened, but not Aleks or Belial opened it. No. Nix stood there and grinned.

"I'll leave, don't forget what I said." Then the oracle walked past them but paused for a moment. "Astaroth as a name is outdated, but with a name like Asta, I think she will be happy," Nix said with a grin.

Zack and Lucan looked at him in amazement. What could he have meant by that? Zack shrugged his shoulders and they entered the room. Aleks looked down with a depressed expression and Belial also pondered.

"Aleks?" Zack asked, not sure if they should go.

Aleks' face brightened and he stood up to hug him.

"Hello, Tacina," he said, using the word for brother that his mother had always used. This sparked a warm feeling in Zack's chest. Suddenly, he felt Aleks' hand run under his top and pull it up.

"Wow. That's what I call a mark."

"Hell, Aleks, what are you doing?" Zack said embarrassed and quickly pulled it down again.

Aleks pulled a pout and replied, "Now, I couldn't really look at it with your shirt on."

Zack sighed. Aleks played the little brother card again and this time he would get away with it again. He took off his top and exposed his chest. Aleks' eyes widened and inspected them in detail.

Lucan had sat down on the sofa across Belial and looked at the fraternal banter. "You really set your point home, because a blind person would realize that he should keep his fingers off Zack," Belial said with amusement in his voice.

"You don't need to talk, you've sizzled an entire dragon on Aleks' body and it's not really smaller," Lucan replied.

"Of course, after all, everyone should know that this angel is mine," Belial said without remorse.

The brothers sat down, then Aleks quickly burst out: "Lucan, please take off your top."

Belial dropped jaw and Lucan raised his eyebrows.

"Come on! I want to see Zack's mark."

You could clearly see his friend's relief. Lucan looked at Zack and silently asked for his consent. He gave him a dude-that-is-my-brother-do-it-already look. Lucan took off his top.

"Wow, how beautiful."

"No touching," Belial said.

Aleks just laughed. Don't worry my heart, you are the only demon I want to touch. Belial was very possessive. The words calmed him down, but he would still not allow his mate to touch the bond mark of another demon.

Lucan put on his top again and cleared his throat. "Can we now get to the essentials?"

Zack took the floor. "I was more or less informed about my memory gap. But there are still some things that I can only ask you. Aleks, what about my amulet?"

Aleks drove his left hand to his neck and pulled out his amulet. No, he pulled out two amulets."The one with the black stone is your amulet, Zack. It's also my key," Aleks said in a serious voice. "When I touched you, tremendous magic flowed through me. For a moment, my body was no longer my own and a foreign power spoke through me. After that, the key was on my neck and I haven't taken it off since. I can't give it to you for a reason unknown to me."

Zack understood what Aleks was saying, but that raised more questions than answers. "This amulet is the only thing I have from our mother," he said more emotionally than intended. He always had it with him, his whole life. Without it, he felt as if he was missing something.