Chapter 2

The next morning, all the women gathered in the common room. Zack sat on the sofa with swollen eyes and his head bowed, not daring to say a word.

Kara began outright: "Something happened yesterday. Zack met one of our men and he was attacked. Rika intervened, but now the attacker is dead. That's a problem."

Zack trembled, dared not to look up.

"Kara, take it down a notch. Maybe we should first explain to Zack what happened." Kara drew a dissatisfied face, but let Rika continue talking. Rika knelt in front of Zack. "Zack, honey."

Zack carefully raised his head and looked at her. "I'm sorry," he began to sob. Rika took him in his arms and patted his head.

"Zack, it wasn't your fault. The reason for the incident is...", Rika broke off, not knowing how to tell him.

"Zack, it's time we explained to you what we are," Connie said. "We are not human beings and neither are you. But you already know that."

Zack nodded.

"We are succubi. We feed on the life juices of male beings. It's like food for you for us. So that they voluntarily give us what we need, we can charm them. We beguile them with a scent that makes them willing." Connie went on to clarify Zack.

Zack's eyes widened. He was enlightened for the first time in his life.

After Connie finished, Kara continued, "Zackory, you are a rare mutation of our species. You are a male succubus. Once you get through your maturity, you will probably have to feed yourself in our way as well. How often, or if at all, we don't know, because your human half is an unknown variable."

At that moment, a world collapsed for Zack. "Does that mean I can never be with a girl?"

"No," Kara said in a toneless voice.

One word and all his dreams were destroyed. He didn't want to have to feed on men. He hated men.

"Zackory, listen to me well," said the lady of the house. "Normally, a succubus reaches maturity at the age of thirty to forty years. But since you are human, this doesn't apply to you. Yesterday, you lured for the first time." A wheezing went through the rows.

Did I lure?

"You smell so good."

The memory of yesterday made nausea rise in him.

"We don't know if this was a one-time event, or if your maturity is beginning. From now on you are to stay under observation. As soon as you feel that you are luring, you must immediately call one of us. We can't risk getting caught. Do you understand that?" Kara asked.

Zack nodded silently. His life would change from now on, but not for the better. No. I will get together with a girl and start a happy family. Then I will get Aleks and we will be a family again.

"He's not coming along!" shouted Rika indignantly.

"He lives here at our expense, so he has his contribution," Kara replied emotionally.

"He's fourteen years old. We can't just take him with us!" Rika protested, but the leader wasn't open to reason.

Succubi could earn money in several ways. Some work as models, others as prostitutes, but these women had a different vocation – they were treasure hunters. They searched and found artifacts that they could sell for a lot of money.

"He will accompany us. End of the conversation."

And that's how it started. Zack went on a treasure hunt with Rika, Kara, and Connie with packed backpacks. Their destination was a cave in Vietnam. Once there, they climbed through a crack which led to a dark cave. With flashlights, they walked along the dark corridor, which soon became narrower and narrower. In the end, they had to crawl. Despite the tightness, Zack wasn't afraid, no. A feeling of joy permeated him. At the end of the corridor, a chamber opened. This was the final stop.