Chapter 18

Lucan stepped through the door of Astaroth's study and saw him sitting on the seats with Belial and Lyric. They had been waiting for him. Wordlessly, he sat down. "Well, that's everyone for now," said Astaroth.

For now? Is anyone else coming? Lucan looked at Belial. No, he would never bring his pregnant mate. Lyric has none, as far as he knew. So, who else should come?

"How is Aleksander?" Lucan asked his friend.

Belial immediately began to smile, and his posture changed. When it came to Belial's heart, he was very different. "He and the little one are doing well. Aleks is now in his third month and he has already a small belly," he said with a smile on his lips.

Lucan could feel his love for his mate.

"Lucan, at some point you will find your heart. This will be the day when you breathe properly for the first time, when you live properly for the first time. You will receive a treasure of inestimable value without which you can no longer live. Not a minute, but it's worth it."

Yes, his mother was right. Belial was quite different, he had found his treasure. Lucan's heart was also out there.

Astaroth tore him out of his thoughts. "Others have gone in search of the keys, not just us. There were reports of numerous raids by our enemy. They left us all a message. It says: 'Telos will usher in the end.'"

Lyric clacked his tongue. "Telos? How inventive." The three looked at him. "This is a word from an earthly language. It means as much as the end." I understand.

"Our enemy now has a name, so it is now tangible," Astaroth answered.

Now they had stepped out of the shadows. This was an official declaration of war on all the princes of hell. But that also meant that they would now attack more aggressively. That worried him.

"Lucan, how is the search going so far?" Belial asked.

Lucan took the two gems out of his jacket pocket. "We traveled to two hidden locations and solved their puzzles. In the end, we received one stone from each and a reference to the next location. We suspect that we will receive the key in the end, with these stones likely to play a crucial role. Zackory is in the process of deciphering the third clue, then we will continue searching."

The three looked at the stones, which Lucan made disappear back into his pocket.

"Very good. I knew I could rely on you," Astaroth said.

Lucan's face became serious. "In Chichen Iztá, the last place, the group of humans we mingled with was attacked by Telos. They have collected information about us. We were able to hide and avoid them, but it was close."

Astaroth's face darkened. "That's not good at all. They know that the two of you are looking for a key. This means that our project was carried into the outside world. They must have had a spy infiltrate our group." That was bad.

Belial's face turned into an angry grimace. He was afraid that his mate was in danger. "We will look into all the employees," he said. The others nodded. "Lucan, have you been able to find out anything about your pursuers?" Belial asked.

Lucan described their appearance. "In addition, the brown-haired one was named Seto, the other's name wasn't spoken aloud. "

"Well, I'm going to send some agents hunting with this description," Astaroth said, the others agreed. "Lucan, I still have to ask you to continue your search. Our future depends on you successfully recovering a key."

There was a knock on the door. "Our guest has arrived," Astaroth said.

The doors opened and a demon with alabaster skin, black hair with a greenish shimmer and ruby red eyes entered the room.