Side story Chapter 2

In the years that followed, Killian learned an important lesson – money was power. He not only learned the language of the humans but was also trained by a sword master. He spent every free second reading or fighting with endurance training. He would become strong and gather knowledge that he would use to gain money. He grew into a strong young man and hid his incubus side.

The lady who had taken him in gradually aged and eventually became ill. He cared for her and often read to her at the bedside. Gratitude and something like love was in her eyes. In her last hours, she asked him to come to her again.

"Killian, my dearest. My time has come. Thank you for spending this long time by my side. You gave me back my life after my husband's death. Thanks to you, I had a happy time, so I decided to adopt you as my son. I bequeath you all my fortune, you shall have everything," she said, and Killian took her hand in disbelief.

"Madam, I don't deserve that," he said quietly, but she shook her head with a faint smile.

With trembling hands, she handed him the document that distinguished him as her son and sole heir. "You were always by my side, even in the dark hours, you more than deserved it. Fulfill the life you want."

He stayed at her bedside for the following days, not leaving her side. Then she fell asleep peacefully with a smile and left this world.

Her relatives were present at the pronouncement of the will, rubbing their hands excitedly, hoping to divide their huge fortune among themselves. When they learned that they weren't receiving an ounce, but that everything went to a young man with bronze hair and brown eyes, they were more than angry. He left without even a glance at him and he began his role as the new master of the house with more money than he could ever think to spend.

Only a few weeks later, he walked through the streets of his former hometown, in hell. He wanted to return to the house and show the lady of the house who he was. He would now receive his revenge.

His feet carried him on, but a cry tore him out of his thoughts. He saw a demon with dark blue hair being hit hard with a fist and falling to the ground. She had iron shackles around her wrists and neck. Another with red hair threw herself protectively over her when the attacking demon stepped towards them.

What captivated Killian about this scene, however, were the red-haired demon's cold hateful, storm-gray eyes. This hatred, he knew it too well. Without hesitation, he approached them and tore back the demon. He looked at him angrily and asked Killian who he was.

"Nobody, just a buyer. I'll take both," Killian said, pulling out a big diamond from the human world. The demon looked at the stone with shining eyes and became calm. Then he nodded and handed over the two women to him.

He gave him the keys to the shackles and Killian walked with them through the portal directly into his residence in the human world. The redhead hissed when he got too close to her and wanted to attack him, but she was in a miserable state to try to fight him.

"Keep quiet so I can take off your shackles, sister," he said, and suddenly they both became calm. He let his purple eyes light up and immediately the two recognized him as one of their own. Killian took off their shackles and called his servants so that they would immediately bring them something to eat and some clothes.

"You will live here and relax. There is plenty to eat and space to move about here. If you need to feed yourself, ask one of the employees, but it is only allowed on a voluntary basis. You must not impose yourselves on anyone," Killian said and the two looked at him in disbelief.

Less than five minutes ago they had been beaten on the dirty street by a slave trader and now they were standing in a warm house where they were to live peacefully and without worries?