Chapter 9

A whole day passed. They flew from Los Angeles to Cancún. Although Lucan had already flown before, he still didn't like this way of traveling. He felt imprisoned, which especially worried his eagle. Zack saw Lucan's restlessness and threw him his cell phone.

"I did a bit of research..."

He told him about the Mayan site and its location. On the phone were pictures of the ruins that Lucan looked up. They continued to discuss the site for the rest of the flight.

Finally landed, they left the airport and drove another three hours with a new rental car to the vicinity of Chichén Itzá. When they arrived at the motel it was in the middle of the night. Luckily, they had slept a bit on the plane, because the night would be very short.

The next morning, Zack entered the Tourism Office with Lucan. He went to the counter and smiled.„Nos gustaría hacer una excursión a Chichén Itzá por favor." The servant stared at Zack, completely fascinated.

"¿Hay algún problema?", Zack asked after a moment of silence.

The young man stuttered, then he suggested various trips. He opted for a guided tour and booked it.

The man held him by the arm when he wanted to leave. "¿Quieres reunirte conmigo después?" he asked Zack who was trembling from the touch.

Lucan was about to intervene when Zack said with a smile. „Encontrarás tu amor, pero ese no soy yo. Nunca te rindas."

You will find your love, but this is not me. Never give up. These words were close to Lucan.

Zack approached him and quickly put on an expressionless face. He followed Zack, who got on a bus with other tourists. Then they drove off. The tour guide explained everything about the trip, but Lucan hardly listened. Again and again Zack's words haunted his head.

"We are divided into two groups. Group 1 goes first...", she said.

"Lucan. Can you manipulate one member in each of the groups so that they think we are in the other group?" Zack quietly asked his companion. He nodded.

After Lucan had organized everything, the two set off. They went directly to the temple pyramid of Kukulcán. When they arrived at the bottom, they looked up.

"Wow. It's fascinating what our ancestors achieved."

Yes, humankind had always been a miracle. Weak, but instead of bowing to it, they became inventive to help themselves.

Lucan concentrated and drew a barrier around the structure. This would discourage people from going up. Then they could calmly examine the pyramid without fear of uninvited guests. Zack let his gaze wander over the building

The pyramid reached a height of about thirty meters and had a length of fifty-five meters at the foot of it's square base. It was symmetrically constructed, so there was a staircase in each direction with a total of four. In total, it reached into the sky in nine pyramid indents with a total of 365 steps if you added up all the steps. At the top was the temple.

At the entrance of the temple, which occupied the entire broadside of the temple, two pillars in the form of snakes with their bodies stretched backwards, towered up. These included the door beams, the entrance certainly frightened many visitors.

Stepping into the entrance, one entered a smaller, almost square, room whose vault was supported by two additional pillars spanning the width of the room with two vaulted parts. From the other three sides of the temple, this room could be reached via a walkway. with closed doors, on the side surfaces of which life-size depictions of warriors in Toltec costume and armed with spear bundles and spear slingshots were carved. Above the doors, the Sims stood out clearly, followed by a jump back and a second cornice that stood out even further.