Chapter 16

I was finishing up the rest of my strawberry cake beside Jellal, who had just come out of his tent.

"Erza."

I looked up at him mischievously, "Yeah?"

"Why did you tell them that I'm..ticklish?" he whispered.

"My revenge," I stated simply, taking another bite of the sweet pastry.

He's asking me too many questions!

"How's your fiancee?" I asked.

"I thought I alre-"

"Jellal!" Ultear said. "I think we should all go for a walk!"

"A walk? Is it normal for three wanted mages to go for a walk?" I said.

Meredy laughed, "It's dark, so Lahar and the others don't normally spot us. Anyway it's fun! We haven't gone on a walk since.."

"The time Jellal suggested we stroll past Fairy Hi-"

"I THINK WE SHOULD GO NOW!" Jellal shouted, dragging his comrades out of the campsite. "You guys can talk about girl stuff along the way."

"What? You think we talk about 'girl stuff' all the time?" Meredy asked.

"Whatever,"Jellal muttered. "I need a boy to join my guild!"

"A boy?" Meredy repeated. "Maybe when you and Erza get married, you guys can have a baby!"

I sighed and exchanged a glance with Jellal.

This is going to be one long walk..

~ ~ ~

"I hope this isn't too..weird," Jellal whispered from the other side of the tent.

I shrugged, and said, "It's fine!"

We were lying down, facing away from each other in order to prevent us from getting into in any awkward positions during the night.

"What do you want to do tomorrow?" Jellal asked, breaking the unsettling silence that had filled the air once again.

"I'm not sure," I replied honestly.

"Well it's up to you," he said softly. "Tomorrow evening I'll take you back to the guild."

"Thank you Jellal," I said.

So you joined Crime Sorciere without asking?

I gulped, I was really getting nervous. How did Mira know? What was I supposed to say?

"Does anyone know?" he asked.

"About what?" I said, pretending not to know what he was talking about.

"You being in Crime Sorciere."

I hesitated then whispered, "No."

He chuckled, "You're a bad liar..Just like me."

I flipped over and faced Jellal, just so he could see my death glare.

It's really hard to glare at him, now that I think of it.

I widened my eyes when I realized he had been facing me the whole time. He quickly sat up and continued talking like nothing had happened. I sat up and faced him.

"Jellal."

"Yeah?"

"I-I'm scared," I confessed.

"About what?" he asked.

"What if you get caught?" I said, not meeting his eyes.

"I won't," he promised.

"But 'what if?'" I persisted.

He smiled, and didn't reply. I could feel our faces inching closer and closer.

STOP! You can't kiss Jellal! You can't! What am I doing..

Closer and closer..I could feel his lips brushing against mine. A pair of strong arms stretched out and pushed the other away.

Except this time, I was the one who did it.

TO BE CONTINUED