Chapter 24

"Thank you very much Master Makarov," Jellal said, nodding to the old man. "It was nice of you to let us stay the night."

Makarov smiled, "And it was nice of you to bring back Erza."

I hurriedly turned towards Lucy and began to talk about the weather, but I could tell she was still eavesdropping on the conversation.

Meredy, Ultear and Jellal turned towards the door, waving the last of their good-byes.

"See you s-"

"Open up! Due to certain circumstances, the Magic Council must..make sure everything is normal in the Fairy Tail guild!" Lahar shouted.

Jellal's heart sank and he quickly lept away from the door.

We're going to be caught!

"Quick! Disguise into something!" I shouted.

"Transformation Magic!" Meredy and Ultear whispered, transforming into two random girls.

"What do I do?" he panicked. "I can't transform!"

"Take this!" Mira whisper-shouted, handing me a glass vial. "Drink it!"

Without hesitation, Jellal drained the vial in one gulp, and handed the glass back to the bartender.

Wait a second..

"Why is everyone growing bigger?" he yelped.

Or am I shrinking?

"Awww," Meredy squealed. "You make a good cat, Jellal!"

WHAT!?

"The guild is awfully quiet," Lahar commented, walking into the building.

"They're on their best behavior!" Master Makarov said proudly.

I'm a cat..I'm a cat..

"I didn't know Fairy Tail had a cat!" Doranbolt exclaimed. "Its silvery-blue fur is quite unique!"

I'm a cat..I'm a cat..

"Yes, a very handsome cat indeed," Lahar said, reaching down to pet my fur.

The man who wants me dead is petting me..

Jellal quickly dodged his hand and ran under the chair I was sitting in.

"I'm gonna smush him!" Natsu declared.

As if things aren't bad already!

"Natsu!" I scolded, picking him up and placing him on my lap. (A/N: Remember, Jellal is a CAT, not a person!)

I ran my finger's through Jellal's sleek, soft fur, scratching the back of his head, and playing with his silvery strands of his pelt.

"Well, I'll check back there," Doranbolt whispered to Lahar.

"So Erza..Is this your cat?" he asked, obviously trying to distract me.

I hesitated and replied, "Yes."

"What's it's name?" he asked.

"Her name is Sapphire," I said proudly.

Jellal pawed my knee, trying to get his frustrated and angry message across. Of course, I got the memo and grinned.

"Let's go," Lahar commanded, leading his Rune Knights out of the guild. "We'll come back later, Makarov."

"Of course," he resonded. "Bye!"

As soon as Lahar close the door, the guild burst out laughing.

This is going to be another long day..

TO BE CONTINUED