Chapter 34

Erza POV

"Erza.." Mira Jane said, shaking my shoulders.

I looked up, "Hm?"

Mira shook her head with amusement, "Looks like someone is thinking of a certain Crime Sorciere mage."

I playfully pushed Mira away, "I am not!"

"If you say so~" she sang.

"And you're totally not thinking of Laxus!" I teased.

Mira put her hands on her hips, "At least I had the guts to ask him out!"

I sighed, That's true..considering I was rejected that day on the beach..but then he kissed me when I joined Crime Sorciere...

"I'm so confused," I muttered under my breath.

"What?" Mira asked, going behind the counter of the bar.

"Nothing," I said a little to quickly.

Mira looked at me a little strangely.

"Can I have a piece of cake, please?" I asked, hoping to distract the suspicious barmaid.

"When is your next Crime Sorciere mission?" Mira Jane whispered.

"I'm not sure," I admitted. "Jellal hasn't told me yet."

"Erza!" Juvia said, coming up to me.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, pushing away my plate of cake.

"No," she said slowly. "Juvia decided she doesn't want to be part of Team Natsu anymore.

My eyes widened with surprise, "Did Gray do something?"

"I swear! I didn't do anything!" Gray begged.

"No, it's not Gray-sama's fault," Juvia said soothingly. "Juvia feels bad taking place of Erza on Team Natsu, that's all."

I sighed with relief, "I'm fine Juvia. Really. Don't feel bad. I've been going on tons of S Class quests and growing stronger, knowing that my former team is safe with you."

"Okay," Juvia decided.

"I'm going for a..walk!" I told Mira Jane. "I'll be back."

"Another 'walk?'" Mira asked. "Okay. Tell Meredy and Ultear that I said 'hi', okay?"

I nodded and headed out of the guild.

"Erza," Master said, stopping me.

"Yes, master?" I asked.

"I was thinking..you have a lot of potential when it comes to being a powerful wizard."

I knew he was up to something, "And...?"

"How would you feel, if you became a wizard saint?"

"A..w-wizard saint?" I gasped.

"Yes. The whole guild nominated you for wizard saint."

"But..what about Laxus? And Gildarts?"

"They both nominated you."

"But aren't there already ten wizard saints?" I asked.

"There are currently nine, Lahar is unable to find someone to replace Siegrain."

"I..have to think about it," I whispered, running out of the guild. The news was very shocking, and I needed a couple minutes to process it all.

"Erza?" A voice asked, full of concern.

"Jellal," I panted, trying to hide my shocked expression. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to tell you about the next Crime Sorciere mission," he said, flipping back his hood.

"When is it?" I asked eagerly, momentarily forgetting about my fears.

"We'll be going to Crocus in a couple days. Don't worry, I'll make sure to come and tell you the exact date soon," he said. His serious face softened, "Erza, is something wrong?"

"Fairy Tail nominated me to become a wizard saint," I whispered, unsure about his reaction. "Replacing Siegrain."

He smiled, "That's great Erza! I personally don't care if you replace my 'twin.' I am Jellal, not Siegrain. So..are you going to do it?"

"But don't wizard saints work with the council?" I whispered. "I don't want to help the council."

"Maybe you can..change the council," Jellal suggested.

I sighed, "It's funny how everyone supports me, while I don't even feel confident in myself."

Jellal reached for my trembling hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"It all happened so soon.." I continued. "I've always wanted to be one of the Ten Wizard saints, but that was a long time ago."

"It's your decision," he said. " I think you'd make a great wizard saint. Always protecting those you love."

I frowned and stupidly asked, "How do you know?"

Jellal pulled his hood up and grinned, "I'm still alive, aren't I?"

TO BE CONTINUED

Hey minna!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I know this chapter was completely out of the blue, but I got this awesome idea from Fairy Tail wiki. I was looking up random things on the website, one of them happened to be the 'Ten Wizard Saints.' As I was scrolling down the page, it said 'During the Tower of Heaven Arc, Erza had a dream she became a wizard saint (in the manga).

So..yeah..That's my excuse.

Arigato!

-- TheFairyHunter