A Mothers Promise

CHLOE'S P.O.V

Me and my sister sit in our room on our beds playing cards as the girls put together a plan in our living room just outside.

"Raise you a fiver," Kaitlin says grabbing a five-pound note and dropping it on the pile in the middle of us.

We were also betting money.

"I call," I say laying my cards out.

"That's good very good," Kaitlin said looking at my cards.

I smile like I know the outcome.

"But I'm just as good as that" Said Kaitlin as she showed me her cards.

"Oh for fuck sake," I say.

"Your the one who wanted to play poker," Kaitlin said as she picked up and shuffled the cards.

"Ya but you have won 7 games in a row IN A ROW," I said.

"You should see Sam play," Kaitlin said.

"You think they're still rehearsing out there?" I said.

"They had better be I'm putting my trust in them," Kaitlin said.

"And our future together," I said saying it as Kaitlin had forgotten it.

"After our talk with your dad we can leave the talking about our future to him," Kaitlin said.

I fall back on my bed and extend my arms asking Kaitlin to lie down beside me she smiles and lays next to me.

"I hope this works," I say.

"You need to stop," Kaitlin said.

"Stop what?" I ask.

"Stop worrying have confidences in them and me, believe that this will work, sometimes just believing can make all the difference," Kaitlin said rolling over until she was on her front and put her head above mine.

Kaitlin leaned in to kiss me I let her as I returned the kiss with a smile and put my hand to her cheek stroking her face.

"Imagine if we could just stay this way forever," Kaitlin said pressing her forehead agents mine closing her eyes.

"If we stayed like this forever it would take all the fun out of our relationship," I say.

"You underestimate me I can put a lot of fun into one moment," Kaitlin said.

"You'll have to prove that to me later," I said.

"Why wait?" Kaitlin said kissing me hard on my cheek.

As expected she wasted no time in sending my body to cloud nine I had to force myself not to let out any moans as I didn't want the other girls to know what we were doing. I felt bad to the other girls for doing it here now considering the situation but somehow when I'm with Kaitlin the world just seems to fade away and then it's just us and that is the most magical thing I've ever felt. I start to let myself fall into the mined frame where the world doesn't matter just as Sam knocked on the door pulling me back to reality.

"You tow ok in there because we are all done out here," Sam says.

"Coming," I say freeing myself from Kaitlin's wight.

I look back to see Kaitlin looking sad.

"Hey we get this thing with your mum over and done with and we will never be interrupted ever again," I say she smiles and run over to me at the door.

"And next time I'll let you be on top of me" Kaitlin whispered into my ear.

We left our bedroom to see all the girls standing in an arch-like formation they then begin to perform what they had spent the last 3 hours putting together they all came forward to say what they felt while they were with Kaitlin and why they are here.

"Good really good and I think that I've found a way to incorporate me and Chloe into it we will keep what you have done but me and Chloe will be behind you all and at the end, you will part down the centre to revile us and then we come out holding hands in a loving way and then we say well I'm not sure," Kaitlin said.

"When the time comes you'll know what to say I did the first time I talked to my mum after she died," I said putting my hand on Kaitlin's shoulder.

"Well you had best get into position priority target one just made it in the elevator with agent 3 on the ground floor," Said Bec using the flats built-in security system.

"Make the arch in the back of the living room," Kaitlin said grabbing my hand and pulling me into the centre.

Five minutes later my dad and step mum walked in and she was at first shocked by the large number of girls in her living room she then scowled having a good idea of what was about to happen I let out a worried sigh. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up to see a smiling Kaitlin looking at me with a we got this look on her face. My dad gets my step mum to sit down and hear them out she looks on at the girls they all breathe out all most completely in sync as if to say let battle commence. The girls go through their rehearsed pieces and then just as it comes to my and Kaitlin's entrance a hand flies back saying wait. A girl from right in front of us steps back out.

"Look we all feel the same way and so what if your first marriage failed the reason why sho... it does not give you the right to stop your own daughter from having her happiness whether it be with someone of the same sex or not" She wastes no time I thought to myself.

Kaitlin put a hand on her shoulder with a smile as a that's enough way and then she walked out of the crowd with me hand in hand fingers intertwined I saw the look on my stepmother's face she was starting to understand.

"Mum do you remember what you said to me before I started high school when you find the one you you'll just know well I know Chloe is the one," Kaitlin said.

My stepmother got up and slowly walked to me and Kaitlin and as she edged closer I got more and more uneasy she then stooped just in front of us hands out like she was about to slap us I closed my eyes and waited for what was coming. My eyes then suddenly shot open when instead of a slap there was a hug pulling us both in tightly. I noticed she was crying as I returned the hug.

"I will consider your love for one another but Kaitlin unlike in the past I promise to consider your love and as you know we do not break our promise's in this family," She said pulling away as the girls cheered and Kaitlin pulled me in for a kiss.