You Are Family

KAITLIN'S P.O.V

Over the next hour, more and more kids showed up at the hospital to give me support my dad was no longer in the county but is sending all of the support he can in any way he can. I started feeling hungry as we all sat in the waiting room but I was not going anywhere until I could see my mum thankfully I didn't have to Bec and Sam who left 30 minutes ago returned with two boxes that had bags of food from the infamous burger shop that all the kids like.

"All right people we got burgers fries onion rings and wedges come and get it," Sam said holding up a box triumphantly.

Unfortunately, I had to eat in the hospital's cafeteria.

"You need to calm down," Chloe said.

"I've never been good at that," I said.

"Well then you should probably start learning to calm down it can help I really help," She said.

I pay her no attention the only thing on my mind is what happened to my mum and where she is I want to be by her side knowing if she is ok or not.

"PAT ATTENTION TO ME... you have to keep your head losing it will only hurt you and that will damage your mum when she gets out," Chloe said.

I give her no response and just look out the window with an indifferent look on my face as I look at the weather.

"HEY KAITLIN *huff huff *they said you can see your mum now," Sammy said as I got up.

When we go to the room Phil was already there.

"Mum," I say running into the room.

She looks up and smiles at me then pulls me in for a hug then she extends out on hand and looks at Chloe and she tacks a step back I grab her arm and pull her in and my mum wraps her arms around us.

"I have decided that you two are free to love whoever you want," My mum said and I hugged back tighter.

"So what was it, what happened?" I asked pulling away.

"The doctor told me it was stress," My mum said.

"You stress," I said not buying it.

"Kaitlin I would advise you to trust the doctor's medical opinion," My mum said.

"Oh, I see that the family is here" I hear a voice from behind me.

I turn to see a doctor standing behind me and he loos like he just stepped out of an army boot camp.

"So you think it was stress," I say to the doctor.

"That's what all the symptoms point to of course there could be more to it than that there usually is but that will require tests and that requires the consent of family and patient," said the doctor.

I turn to my mum.

"I'm fine dear those tests will not be necessary doc," Said my mum.

"Fine girlfriend with me we need to talk," I say leaving the room.

"I have a name you know," Said Chloe running after me.

We go back to the waiting room where we are greeted by a sea of eager faces.

"It was stress she will be fine," I say and they all relax.

"In that case, we should all get back to school Kaitlin and Chloe you may stay with your mother if you wish," A boy said.

"We'll do that," I said.

After they had all left I went and hugged Chloe.

"I guess congrats are in order my mum welcomed you to the family so yeah," I said smiling.

"Does that change anything?" Chloe said.

"Not between us but my mum may be a different story as she genuinely is," I said.

"And," Chloe said.

"And what you are one of us now look can we just go home I need to get my head together and your right my mums fine so I need to be calm," I said getting dizzy.

We get home and I fall onto the sofa.

"That's better," I say closing my eyes.

"Hey don't go falling asleep on me," Chloe said.

"Uhhh," I said shooing her with my hand.

"I swear sometimes you're completely hopeless," Chloe said before I fell asleep.

I woke up two hours later and saw that it was snowing outside I put on a weak smile still being half asleep my phone then started to ring.

"Hello," I said not recognising the number.

"Is this Kaitlin Ozwall?" Said the voice.

"Ya," I said.

"This is the hospital your mother will be fine and will be out in two days," The voice said.

"Oh thank you," I said and they hung up the phone.

I check the time and school was over half an hour ago.

"Chloe hey Chloe you still here" I call out and get no response.

I check our room and see she is sleeping Dame her telling me not to fall asleep and then going to sleep herself.

"Chloe" I whispered in her ear and she jumped up now fully awake.

"Wha huh," Chloe said.

"Hahaha your so cute when your flustered," I said.

"Shut up," Chloe said.

"Something on your mind," I say sitting on the bed.

"Am I really family?" Chloe said.

"You are family so stop doubting it you are family from here on now and nothing you do will change that," I say starting to angry with having to repeat myself.

"Ya but we..." She began but I cut her off knowing what was to come.

"Are a different matter entirely?" I said glaring at her.

"I get that but..." Chloe me cutting her off again.

"Stop if you want to talk about it then talk but don't bring up the family it has nothing to do with it," I say.

"Fine I won't talk about it... instead I will cash in on your promise," She said confusing me.

"Which one," I said half-joking half-serious.

"The one where I get to be on top," Chloe said kissing me and pushing me down.

She then made her hands slowly move across my arms until she reached my hands then our fingers interlocked she then began to start licking my neck I felt a little frightened at how forceful she was being. As her tongue got closer to my face and kept moving up and down my neck I couldn't help but cry out and every time I did Chloe would nibble at my neck slightly. I felt so good I started letting her have her way with me.

"Don't do that, resist it makes it more fun" Chloe said before biting down on my neck once more.

I didn't want to resist her she made me feel so good I wanted more but the more I thought about it the more it made me think.