𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

[ 𝗥𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 ]

Jimin ended up falling asleep

Jimin ended up falling asleep. I stressfully sigh. Atleast he tried to help me out, unlike Jungkook.

"Reina, what are you still doing here?"

I glance up to see Taehyung. I quickly jolt up and bow towards him. "Uh, hello, Mr. Kim...and uh...w-what do you mean?"

He glances at his wrist watch. "It's 2 am, you should have been home hours ago. I'm only here this late since I was finishing up my presentation that I needed you to help me with. But why are you still here?"

"Well uh," I say nervously, "It's just taking long for me to finish my reports."

"Jungkook made you do the work didn't he?" He harshly exhales, looking annoyed.

"That bastard," he mutters under his breath.

"Um no it's fine, Mr. Kim," I quickly say, "Jimin was helping me out." I glance over at the sleeping Jimin. "Well uh he fell asleep. But he still was of help...and kept me company," I give him a reassuring smile.

He looks at me with concern. "Reina, you should go home and get some sleep. If Jungkook says anything, I'll take the blame. Plus, he shouldn't be shoving all this work onto you when it's his responsibility."

"It's okay," I try to say convincingly.

"No, it's not fair to you. C'mon I'll drop you home," he reaches for my hand, but I impulsively jerk it away.

He takes notice of my hesitance. "Reina, are you okay? I noticed..." he pauses, looking at the deeply asleep Jimin, "Let's talk in my office." He quickly grabs my hand before I pull away again.

He drags me down to his office. There's a growing panic inside me. I didn't want to be alone with him. Even if there's nothing to prove that Jungkook's theory about him is right, for some reason I can't help but internally feel a little scared now.

The place is empty and pitch quiet. The only employees on this floor are the three of us. My fear only grows stronger from that thought. Part of me wants to run away but it's too late now as he pulls me inside his office and shuts the door behind him.

I impulsively take a step back and he notices.

"Reina," his eyes studies me as he takes a close step towards me. "You seem terrified of me." He takes another step and I fall back onto the wall. "And I've noticed you've been avoiding me. Did I do something wrong?"

I just feel a bit uneasy being alone with you, ever since Jungkook mentioned the idea of him working potentially with the Moon family.