𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟑 🔞

"What the fuck

"What the fuck..."

And this is where my life ends.

I take a deep breath, trying to calm the surge of panic inside me and preparing myself for what he's going to do. All set of eyes are glued on Jungkook—all eager yet confused to what he's found out as he holds my phone in his hands after snatching it from me.

I watch his stone cold eyes shift from the screen of my phone to my wide eyes. I'm trying hard to keep a calm face but my fear is too overwhelming to mask.

"What?! What?! What is it?!" Everyone's voices around the table, waiting in anticipation.

"The message has been unsent before I could see it," Jungkook finally says, with a hint of disappointment on his face. "And it's from a private number."

W-what?

Wait, what?! Did I hear him right?

"Messages can be unsent?" Hoseok asks, with a confused expression.

"Yes," Namjoon answers him. "It's a new feature on iPhones. Not sure about other phones though."

"Are you kidding me!" Yoongi dramtically throws his napkin on the table out of disappointment.

"Damn, now that was anti-climatic..."Jimin mutters. He turns his gaze towards me, looking at me as if he's checking if I'm okay.

"I thought something intense was going to happen," Yoongi sighs.

"Here Namjoon, track the number." Jungkook tosses my phone towards him and catches it. "And get in touch with Apple or her service provider, or whatever it is you gotta do to get back that unsent message—immediately."

"Unless..." he turns his intimidating eyes back to me, "Unless, Haruno here, will save us some time and tell us truthfully herself."

My heart is still throbbing in my ear, loud and irregular. I barely could hear anything else.