𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

[ 𝗥𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 ]

"Rein, are you okay?" Jungkook asks as he leans onto the dining table of the nearest Inn we had found in this village

I glance up at him and see his hair is still damp from the rain. I nod my head timidly, trying to hide my stress as I remain seated on the chair.

"What's on your mind?" He asks with concern in his eyes.

"Nothing."

"It doesn't look like nothing," he lifts my chin up, making me look at him. "Rein, you can tell me anything."

"Nothing," I sigh. "I've just been trying to understand this whole situation of the Moon family. What exactly is the whole story?"

He glance down for a moment until he eventually pulls out the chair next to me, and takes a seat. He leans forward facing me, with his hands clasp together. "The Moons and Jeons were the top families in business and mafias...Over time it became competitive between the top families. My father and the Don of the Moon Syndicates became rivals."

He glances down at his hand. "My father wanted me to take over. I personally did not want to be part of the mafia. I hated everything about it but I know I couldn't really get away from it."

"Appa detested me at that time," he exhales, looking back up at me. "He wanted a Jeon blood to run the mafia, but I didn't have no interest. When he realized how serious I was, he began to find someone to replace me and took notice of Jimin's skills and decided Jimin would be better off as Don of BTS. I could care less at that time since Jimin to me is like an older brother. I didn't mind the generational family mafia going towards Jimin."

"But..." his voice shifts suddenly, hearing the pain in his voice, "Everything changed when that night happened."

The Moon family massacred Jungkook's entire family with only him and his father as the sole survivors.

"The ones in-training like my hyungs were not there that night," he continues with his voice filled with immense sadness. "They have yet to be inducted into BTS. Meanwhile...I chose not to go that night even though it was a big event. I fought with my parents because like I said, I didn't want no business being part of BTS."

"I even decided to leave out of the country that night to run away from everything. Until...I got a call about what happened," he pauses for a moment as if he's trying to stop any tears from showing. But as I stare deeply into his eyes, I can see the trauma and misery in them.

"Jimin and I had went over there and saw all of my clan dead on the floor," he continues, sniffling but no tears are visible, "And my mother...was clinging to life and eventually took her last breath, dying in my arms."