𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔

Lee Jieun takes a small sip of her chamomile tea

Lee Jieun takes a small sip of her chamomile tea. I can't help but admire how graceful and classy she always looks. Always dressed in boldly feminine looks that channels her charm and gives off a fierce aura. She's 30 years old, but she can pass for 20.

"You should at least take a sip of yours, Rei," she tells me. "It's going to get cold. Plus, chamomile tea will help to ease your nervousness."

I keep fidgeting—tapping my toe and wagging my foot. I can't help it. I'm not too sure if I can fool the guard sitting at a far distance.

I bring the lukewarm tea to my lips, taking a small sip. "I really hope this works, unnie."

"It will, just have some confidence in yourself to pull this off." Jieun places her tea cup down. "Anyways, that HYBE guard that follows you around...is this a policy that they have?"

"No, no," I tell her. "Uh it's Mr. Kim's guard. He just wants to ensure my safety since I do work closely with him and Mr. Jeon."

All of it, is a lie. The guard watching over me is Jungkook's. The plan is to get away from this guard to see Taehyung even if it's for a bit.

"But make sure you don't mention any of this to Mr. Jeon," I quickly add.

I wish I can tell Jieun about the entire thing. She's like an older sister to me. But unfortunately, I have to keep this to myself to keep her safe.

"I'm not really sure where you gotta go for you to ditch this guard, but honestly I'm here for it," she chuckles.

I laugh along with her, despite my nervousness. As much as I want to spend time with Jieun, I just feel the need to see Taehyung. I kept thinking about him all day long. I need to see him in order for my heart to be at ease.

"Take only about an hour, before that guard of yours becomes suspicious that we're staying here for too long," she advises me.

"Yes, but maybe an hour and a half maximum," I tell her.

I give her a nod and head to the bathroom to finally switch places with Hanna—the other girl that came with me at the club that night.

I find Hanna in the bathroom waiting for me anxiously. She's dressed exactly like me from head to toe. Black dressed pants, white shoes, black blazer with a grey top underneath.