𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖

|| Fake Love ||
I wanna be a good man just for you
I gave the world just for you
I changed it all just for you
Now I don't know me, who are you?
A forest of just us, you were not there
I forgot the route that I came along
I became to not know who I even was
_______________________

|| Fake Love ||I wanna be a good man just for youI gave the world just for youI changed it all just for youNow I don't know me, who are you?A forest of just us, you were not thereI forgot the route that I came alongI became to not know who I even ...

"I'm the real boss here. I'm the reason you're in this cell."

Goosebumps creeps on my arms, not from the shock but because I didn't want to believe it.

"You really think I would get captured just like that?" There's a sly arrogant expression on his face. "Vincenzo was in on it. Did I ever tell you he's not just an ally but a good friend of mine?"

Sweat pours down my body as I stand completely still, watching him cautiously. He ushers his dark eyes shut, heaves a tired sigh. "I thought you would have admitted it to me, but you didn't," he mutters to himself. Then his eyes snaps open, piercing onto mine, "You had left me no choice but to take it this far."

The room becomes eerily silent and an ominous aura looms around him. He looks away for a while, seeming to be in deep thought.

"Vincenzo was my mentor growing up," he speaks again, breaking the silence, "Learnt a lot about the mafia business through him. Even taught me about love and how it can't exist in this mafia life of mine."

"He's like an older brother to me, almost like family. I told him about my situation, and he gladly wanted to help me out."

"Ah but we failed so miserably," he slyly says, "But atleast I can confirm that you do have a lover."

A rising tide of fear washes over me, freezing my body to a point I could hardly breath.

"But my proposal was real, I truly meant all of that..." his voice became low, eyes looking at me with resentment and misery.

" his voice became low, eyes looking at me with resentment and misery