𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

"You look stunning, Reina!" Nari squeals in excitement as I stand in-front of her in my black dress, all glammed up and ready for today's company event

"Thank you, Nari!" I try to smile despite my nervousness on what's to come. But I don't think she's as nervous as me, judging by how timid she looks. She's only 16 years old, yet was recently hired as an intern, which I'm going to be supervising for the next couple of weeks.

We get ourselves ready and finally make our way down the banquet hall of this luxury hotel, where the event is held. Rooms were available for the staff to use as a pamper room, which Nari and I made good used of.

My nerves only gets stronger as I enter the elevator. I keep quiet in the corner, while Nari does the same. We're both dreading on attending but it's mandatory.

All I keep thinking about is what Jungkook's motive could be in bringing Jennie here? But the fact that he personally tracked down Jennie, tells me he really is suspicious, or maybe even knows.

But little does Jungkook know, that Jennie and I have our stories straight for moments like these. Her coming will only show that Jungkook was wrong and hopefully he will eventually let go of the suspicion.

Taehyung had reassured me that he will handle this. But still, I can't helped but feel nervous and guilty. It just doesn't feel right doing this to Jungkook.

And it's as if we're playing cat and mouse, in which we're both trying to defeat one another as we avoid getting caught. But sometimes it feels like he's tricking me into making a mistake in order to have an advantage over me.

My head fills up in all these thoughts, making me feel even worst. Maybe I'm just overthinking and stressing for nothing. As the elevator opens Nari and I step out and walk towards the banquet hall.

There's an overwhelming atmosphere. Crowds of elegantly dressed people walking towards the opened glass doors. I take a deep breath and smile as we walk in along with the people. There's a welcoming feel that's being perpetuated by the friendly staff.

Sounds of clinking champagne glasses around me and I stare at the place in awe. Sophisticated interior and decorated with a simple elegance. The ambient lighting lends grace to this very event. Waiters walking around with champagne and snacks.

"Woah," Nari says beside me. "I don't think I've ever felt so out of place."

I couldn't help but laugh. "I felt the exact same for my first company dinner. And I still feel the same. I've just learned that, to get through it, I just act like I'm confident. In reality, I'm so nervous and all I want to do is leave."