𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

"Babe, do I look cute?" Jungkook leans close to my face, and smiles

"Babe, do I look cute?" Jungkook leans close to my face, and smiles. A kind of playful and innocent smile that I've never thought I would see from him.

"No." I lied.

I quickly turn my gaze away from him and towards the window view. The scene is far different from the one an hour ago—a city view to a countryside view.

We are on the outskirts of Tokyo—Hinohara village. The drive here was quite peaceful, even if I had to sit with Jungkook the whole ride. The view was filled with lush forest and mountains. Now I'm staring at the traditional Japanese houses, giving me nostalgia of my beginnings.

"Jungkook, why did you have to bring me here today?" I sigh in misery. "Why didn't you just have Jimin come with you? Or even your guards? I have no relevance in being here with you."

There's no answer. I glance towards him and see his eyes gazing attentively at our surroundings. I scan around the peaceful village. It doesn't look like a scary place. I'm sure we will be fine.

"My Japanese is not the greatest so I need you to do the talking for me," he finally speaks. "And to translate what they say."

He walks out of the car without a word and I stubbornly follow right behind him as he walks into this elongated wooden house. But as I walk behind him I take notice of an apartment sign. It looks too small for an apartment. I'm use to apartment buildings. But I guess here in this village is more ancient type of apartments.

Jungkook walks inside the door, leading to a small front lobby with an old Japanese lady behind the counter. "Kon'nichiwa," he greets her with respect. "Watashinonamaeha Justin-desu."

"Did you just say your name is Justin?" I whisper to him in Korean. He slightly elbows me, and I quickly say to the lady in Japanese, "Hello, I'm Rei—" I abruptly pause realizing I should use an alias name too. "Rei," I clear my throat. "My name is Rei, nice to meet you. We are looking for Yamada Chiyo."

"I am Yamada Chiyo."

"Oh great," I feel a sudden nervousness. "Uh so, do you have a few moments to uh talk?"

She looks from me to Jungkook with weariness in her eyes. I gulp. This isn't going to work. Why would she just talk to random strangers?

Jungkook nudges me to say something to convince her. The only thing I can think of next is to pull out cash. This always works on TV. I pull out money from my bag and slide a 10,000 yen cash towards her.

I can hear a small chuckle from Jungkook beside me. But thankfully the old lady takes it.

"Follow me," Chiyo says and begins to walk down the wooden narrow hallway.