𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏

[ Reina's POV ]

A flood of tears gushes down Jieun's face

A flood of tears gushes down Jieun's face. Both of us in the morgue, gazing at the lifeless body of my mother. My eyes puffy from the amount of tears I've shed. My body is completely numb to even comfort Jieun.

Memories of my mother flashes before my eyes. From childhood to adulthood. She was always there. A great sob escapes my lips from the thought of never seeing her eyes again. To her sweet smile. Or hearing her warm voice.

A giant hole found a permanent hole in my heart. My life and even Jieun's life, will never be the same. Suddenly we fall into a disheveled heap, our grief pours out in a flood of uncontrollable tears. The sounds wailing and suffering fills up the cold morgue.

"I'm sorry," Jieun's voice breaks, looking down at the corpse of my mother.

I rub her back to comfort her as gut-wrenching tears continuously spill, soaking my shirt. Jieun looked to my mother as her own. She's just as hurt as I am.

"I'm sorry," she says again, her voice thick with tears, hands clutching into a fist as if she's blaming herself for what happened.

My heart breaks to see her so broken. "Jieun—"

Out of no where she slaps me across the face. "This is all your fault!" Her misty eyes raging at me.

I hold onto my aching cheek, looking at her with wild eyes. I'm in the brim of tears from the realization that she raised her hand at me, and blaming me for the death of my mother.

"I've been more of a daughter to her than you ever were! No matter how busy I was, I always made the effort to visit her!" Her voice breaking, mix with anger and grief. "All this time while you were hoeing around with the Jeons, I was the one taking care of her! All this is your fault! Why would anyone try to kill her?! It's probably your association with the Jeons!"

***