𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎

|| 7 MONTHS LATER ||

I'm going to murder him

Left and right all his guards charging towards with knives each in their hand, trading blows at furious speed. Blood and sweat dripping off my face. The steady thumping of my heartbeat pumping adrenaline through my veins.

They swing but I dodge and counter them. For every attack these men throws at me, I'm attacking all the more viciously—stabbing all and slitting their throats.

I make my way through the blood stained hallway filled with men who lay dead behind me. There's pain in my leg and my side. I was wounded but not out of the fight yet.

At this very moment, I had no care for the consequences. My body is surging with adrenaline. I feel like I'm outside of myself.

Rage. Rage is all I feel.

I'm down to one last man. He's growling and swinging his knife, I deflect them but eventually he catches me off guard with a powerful kick to my ribs, smashing my body onto the wall. Blood filled my mouth, the pain blinding.

 Blood filled my mouth, the pain blinding

In seconds, I recoil back to my feet. I'm repeatedly swinging at him but he blocks every attack.

We viciously trade punches and blows until I manage to roundhouse kick him in the groin. He stammers out a curse lacing with blood and immediately dropping on his knees. I see my chance and with no hesitance, I slit his throat.

I stand breathing aggressively. Pain throbbing in every part of my body. But that pain isn't close to the pain I'm feeling in my heart. As I glance down the blood stained hallway, filled with ten men I've killed, my heart can't feel any sort of remorse. It was kill or be killed.

I glance at the gigantic doors, where my enemy lies. There's no turning back. All the guards are dealt with. It's just me and him now.