𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕

Fear cripples me, freezing every muscle of my body

Fear cripples me, freezing every muscle of my body. There's a wicked smile on Vincenzo's face as he turns his back and walks off, along with his herd of soldiers. All of them with a taunting expression, as if they knew my fate. Now, it's just me and Jungkook and I can feel his piercing glare from my peripheral vision.

"Rein..." his voice low and gravely, "What is he talking about?"

Dread creeps at the pit of my stomach as I slowly turn to face him, only to meet his sorrowful eyes.

"Jungkook I...uh..." I try to calm the panic inside me but my internal emotions becomes overwhelming as it strangles me from trying to speak.

"H-he's wrong," I manage to say, letting out a shaky breath, "I-I don't have another lover. The only one I love, is you. But..." I inhale deeply to try to steady my racing heart and mind, "There's something I've been keeping from you..."

There was an aura of grey around him. From his desolate eyes, I can tell he already knows what I'm about to say. I take a step closer towards him, wanting to hold his hand before I confess but he pushes my hand away.

"Jungkook, I'm sorry," my voice breaks, eyes filling up in pain, "Before I fell for you and before we finally became a real couple...I-I," a sob rises in my throat, "I was...being unfaithful."

His eyes warps into a miserable black

His eyes warps into a miserable black. He doesn't say a word, standing in complete silence. Misery and pain was written all over his face.

"I...I was in-love with someone before I met you," I say miserably, my heart aching with pain and guilt. "Then...you saved my life, going against your father...Then we forged a relationship for the sake of my life and you realized you benefit from it as well," I deeply inhale, pausing for a moment, trying to brush down the gut-wrenching sadness within me.

"Since the relationship was fake, I...I didn't think much of it," I say low with sadness in my voice, "I didn't think I would fall for you. I...I didn't think it would ever become real."