𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

"Where were you, Haruno?" Jimin interrogates me with a serious expression, making me feel intimidated

"Where were you, Haruno?" Jimin interrogates me with a serious expression, making me feel intimidated. "Both Taehyung and Jungkook aren't even here today. So where could you have gone to?"

I gulp in nervousness. What excuse could I even say?

His eyes pierces into my eyes, as if he's searching for something. "Haruno, you said you were in the meeting room but you weren't. And no one could tell me where you were. You only started working here, and already you suddenly disappeared without notifying anyone—especially me. I'm quite disappointed. As the president of HYBE, and since our CEOs are absent for these following days, I would have to give you...a suspension."

"Suspension?!" I blurt out in shock. "With all due respect Jim—Uh sir—isn't that a little extreme?"

Jimin's cold expression breaks into a hysterical laugh. I glance at him, still frustrated yet so confused on why he's laughing.

"I'm just messing with you, Haruno." His friendly and usual expression returns as he slyly sits back onto his chair. "I've just wanted to see your reaction."

A wave of relief washes over me. Even though Jimin was joking, angry Jimin is quite scary.

"But for real though, Haruno, where did you actually go?" He asks casually.

"To be honest...I," I try hard to think of something quick, "I had went out to lunch. I know I should always inform but I was just...so hungry and so I rushed to leave that I totally forgotten to let anyone know."

"Just tell me next time Haruno," Jimin tells me. "To be honest, I'm pretty chill. I'm not strict at all. But I do obey Jungkook's orders."

"But please don't get me worried again," he says with concern in his voice. "I'll be dropping you home after work. So wait for me at the front entrance."

My shoulders dropped and muscles relaxes. I thought he would have known about Taehyung and I meeting at the rooftop.

***