𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟖

[ Reina's POV ]

"Reina, out of all the flowers in the garden, why did you choose that?" The new and young maid, Hana, asks me as she stood on the other side of the kitchen.

"It's a Tiger Lily," I answer her. "I know it's loud and such a vibrant flower, but it's implying the need to bare all of your ugly self to another soul, daring them to love you, just the way you are."

"Woah...that's kinda deep."

The orange-colored flower brings back a sudden memory. A Tiger Lily flower, Jungkook's birth flower. A flower so meaningful to him, he had it tattooed on his right forearm.

"Thank you for the rose bouquet. And this random out of place orange one that you placed onto it too," I chuckle, only teasing him.

"It's my birth flower. And uh the reason I put it there..." he scratches the back of his head, suddenly looking shy, "Because...it's like a...a love letter but in a form of a flower. Tiger Lillies mean...Please, love me."

The memory fades. Despite his usual cold stoic demeanour, he has a soft side and can even be so romantic. Deep down, he's very genuine and can love so deeply. How did I not fall in-love with him at that very moment? I was too blinded by my infatuation for someone else.

A man with a hood over his head walks in so suddenly. "Jungkook!"

He grabs a book on the island table not saying a word but I hug him from behind

He grabs a book on the island table not saying a word but I hug him from behind. I couldn't help it. I miss him. He can try to act all cold and all stoic-like but those kinds of people need love the most. There's always a reason they act the way they are. Just like the flower, I'll take all his ugly self and love him.

"Jungkook, look at this!" I say in excitement as I show him the flower. "They had this in the garden."

"Here." I place it onto his open hand. "Have it."

He shows no emotion, looking so indifferent. "You're giving it to me?"

Despite his coldness, I brightly smile. "A great man once told me it means, please love me. So...it's my love letter in a form of a flower."

A flicker of emotion finally crosses his face, like I hit something deep within him.

"Thank you," he plainly says. "Well, I'm heading back. I just came here to grab this book that I left here."