Chapter thirty one

Billie

"how is your vacation baby?" I ask Kaiya as I look at her through the screen, she shrugs while putting down her phone and leans back on her chair.

"it's okay I guess. not to sound ungrateful but it would be better with my girlfriend around" she says drinking her beverage, I bite back a smile at her words.

"soon baby" is all I say and watch her lay on her beach chair with laughter around her. apparently Jordan brought her sneaky link with her on vacation.

"what are you doing today?" I ask, she sucks her teeth while taking her phone and brings it closer to her face.

"I don't have anything to do today but the rest are having date night but I am planning on just sleeping my day away" she says pushing her lips to the side.

"I would say you should go out and enjoy your day but you're looking a little too fine with the new haircut ad shit, so stay sleeping" I joke making her burst out laughing.

"nha I'm gonna stay in, we have had pretty much something to do since we got here, I could use this time to catch up on some sleep" she explains.

"ouu when you get here, I am taking you on a hot air balloon" she says with a wide smile, "the others went on it yesterday but I wanted to wait for you"

I feel butterflies abrupt in my stomach making me feel tingly, I pout at her words, "baby you're on vacation, stop holding off waiting for me and start enjoy it" I tell her.

"yeah.. but I want experience these things with you" she says softly, I feel my heart swell at her words.

"you're so cute, I wanna kiss you" I say.

"me too" she mutters while getting up and enters her home for sometime immediately there was music overpowering her voice.

I watch as she puts down her phone and her mom excitedly pops in, "mom my girlfriend is not your best friend" I hear Kaiya say while trying to get her phone.

"who told you that?" me and mama Ivy say at the same time, I watch as Kaiya scrunches up her face.

"creepy guys" she mutters making both of us laugh.

"alright baby, I am gonna go and sleep now since they are leaving" Kaiya says to me, I nod but keep quiet.

"send me pictures" I tell her with a tiny smile, I watch her look down at her phone with a tiny smirk.

"of course, send some too" she says with a tiny smirk, "bye baby, I love you, take care yeah?" I nod with a tiny smile.

"yeah, take care" I blow her a kiss and hang up, as I was about to get up and make a run to the bathroom. Finneas enters the room.

"she said she loves you??" he asks with a smile, I nod slowly feeling a smile grow on my face. "you didn't say it back" he points out.

"I know, I just don't think I'm there yet" I shrug fiddling with my phone cover, "what even is love? what if I say I am but I am lying to myself?" I ask looking up at him.

"uh well love requires feeling more than just lust or infatuation, love is also more than a feeling. It's a choice really. the choice doesn't tend to present itself during the 'infatuation' stage. during that stage, the moment you fall in love leads to emotional highs, you can't control them. as time goes on, you may develop a strong association between love and euphoria. so much so, that when the euphoria subsides, you conclude you've fallen out of love."

"but that conclusion doesn't do love justice. that conclusion relies on the presence of feelings alone, when love in fact has the power to weather emotional ups and downs. those who don't recognize or appreciate this will move from partner to partner, chasing the 'infatuation' stage forever and while that stage is one of life's greatest gifts, it can't hold a candle to the deeper love that follows"

"but in simpler words,when you're in love you start feeling everything, the butterflies, the swirling feeling in your gut and chest. you feel committed and emotionally attracted, feeling connected on a spiritual level not just physically" he shrugs while popping grapes in his mouth.

"Damn that was poetic" I mutter.

"yeah I have been reading awfully a lot" he says trailing off while starting at his grapes.

I look down at my buzzing phone while day dreaming, the scary thing is that I feel all of these things with Kaiya. plus the overwhelming trust I have in her.

and appreciation.

"I am thinking of moving to New York" I mention making him snap out of his trace.

"I thought you loved LA"

"I do, it is home but Kaiya also made New York feel like home within half a year" I shrug fiddling with my hands, "plus I love her, I want to be closer to her" I mumble making Finneas puck up with a wide smile and tangles me in a hug.

"I am so happy and proud of you" he says making me chuckle watery.

"thank you, I am too. just need to tell mom and dad now" I say with a sigh while pulling away from her.