Chapter thirty two

Kaiya

"oh my.. remember that chick from when we went grocery shopping for your apartment?" Billie ask perking up, I nod slowly squinting my eyes at her.

"I bumped into her yesterday at the coffee shop" she mentions, I push my lips to the side while resisting the edge to roll my eyes.

"I was fine with her complimenting you but now she happens to be in LA too" I half joke making Billie laugh.

"I am sure it was just a coincidence baby" she reassures making me suck my teeth and wave her off, "are you really mad?" she asks giggling.

"you don't have to be mad baby"

"I am not mad at you, maybe at the someone obsessed with my girlfriend" I joke making Billie smile a bit but roll her eyes, "I can't wait to see you" I admit with a sigh.

"me neither baby, it feels like it's been forever" she says laying down on her pillow, "I will see you tomorrow morning" she adds with a smile.

"I am counting the hours" i tell her.

I really am.

we silently stare at each other with tiny smile until Billie folds and blushes while moving the camera away from her face making me chuckle.

"baby" she call out, I hum watching her pop up again, "how are you doing? I just realized that I haven't asked you in a minute" I feel a smile break on my face.

"I am good, I am really good in fact" I tell her watching her silently observe me, "how are you princess?" I ask.

"I'm also really good, I can't wait to see you and kiss you" she mumbles slowly falling asleep, I hum in agreement and lay down on my pillow too.

"get some sleep pretty girl, I will see you tomorrow" I tell her watching her flutter her eyes shut and smile slightly.

"don't hang up" she mumbles, I nod and mute myself while watching her sleep before Jordan budges into my room making me look up at her.

"oh shit sorry" she says seeing Billie asleep on the call, I wave her off but don't bother telling her to come in instead I let her leave because obviously it wasn't important.

I let out a sigh and sit up to react for my iPad an laptop and open up a specific note on my notepad and start recording with my iPad.

"I can't believe I am actually doing this" I chuckle as the voice memo starts, "you can call me a certified simp for doing this" I add with a laugh.

"I am actual recording this while you're asleep" I start looking down at my phone at the peaceful Billie, "but if you are listening to this then you're on your plane to me, I am pretty excited, honestly can't wait" I say with a chuckle.

"uhm.. I will try to make this as long as possible so you can listen to it longer so bare with me while I talk about random ass shit to keep you satisfied"

"I actually wrote a little poem the other day, it's about you. of course and this is my way of reading it to you. I really hope you like it because then I will look stupid" I chuckle looking at the words on my laptop screen.

"I have named it simp gardens"

"when I look at you I see like nine reasons to be a simp and one reason not to, I have never been into math but I gotta say I like my probabilities"

"reason one. I dig you, which is less to say about the beauty I see when I look at you but about what I see when I look at you" I read out glancing at the asleep girl on my phone.

"reason two. you've been hurt. but so have I. you have natured scars into a soul so rich that nothing broke can afford to bloom here"

"three. I am convinced that, that soul was made for these seeds and that every seed planted before was just weeds" I chuckle.

"four. we both know what it's like to water what's already dead, it's how I know it would be different this time"

"five. you make me want to plant love in all the right places... like within your bones for starters because I know that's where you hide you fears. I wanna grind the skeleton of your doubts into a fertilizer for mushrooms"

"I wanna psychedelic trip for our love"

"six. I wanna grow a love so light that even the trees start to gaze. meet me under the run's rays, look me into a sun day, hold me still like some days"

"seven. and when the dark sips in like mondays, I wanna meet you there. to remind of the magic you have made under the moon like I've seen you paint roses the color of heartbreaks. the way that falling leaves sing the sound of the forgiveness. I wanna remind you of the balance that lean houses are made of"

"eight. when it storms I wanna meet you in the paddles, bump line drill and fine breath in our cuddles, lining through our troubles. meet me grounded. so when the thunder starts we can intellect roots and be founded"

"nine. I wanna do things I have no business doing and goddamn it, I wanna do it with you.. like take you out to dinner knowing the budget is budgeting. I wanna neglect my home to write you poems worth publishing. I wanna love past my poisoned ivies of my upbringing. I wanna bloom in the winter and go dooming in the spring just to show that even if it is cold, it doesn't always gotta sting"

"and as for the one reason not to. I gotta be honest, I am afraid that I make a dandelion of my spine just enough to bend over backwards and just enough to make you mine and somewhere down the line misalign but fuck all the fear talk. I wanna harvest our memories and get drunk off our time without any attachment to the great vine"

"and I have never been an gardener queen but I gotta say I like our changes." I say as I finish reading and keep quiet for a minute just thinking.

"that's it, I hope you liked it and safe travels baby. I love you and I will see you soon" I say ending the voice memo and name it before sending it to Billie with a text following.

I plug my charger in the phone watching Billie get comfortable in her sleep before connecting my AirPods and leave the room for in case she wakes up then I will hear her calling for me.

y'all better treat this chapter with love bc it's my baby and probably my favorite.

I am about with this poem, the poet goes by visionary the poet.