Chapter thirty nine

Billie

"running on E talk big game can't run it on me, upping that fee, leveled up baby I'm outta your reach" I sing along to the music blasting around the apartment while slapping Kaiya's ass as she cooks.

she's unfazed and doesn't even bother stopping me.

"passed on me but I'm taking all the shots now, if they try to bring me down they getting boxed out, thought you had it all togethеr you look lost now" I sing grabbing her face to face me.

she smiles and pecks my lips a couple of turns before turning back to her business, I smile and refill her wine cup and do the same for myself before hopping on the counter.

I skip the rest of the song to universe by thuy. her music hits I swear. Kaiya sent me her whole album to listen too and this is probably my favorite song.

Ohh, yeah (Ohh, yeah)
Just hold me close (Just hold me close)
You keep me afloat (Keep me)
With you, I feel stronger, ohh
Just imagine all the little things we could do
Just imagine if I put my trust in you
Oh I, oh I (Oh I)

I pull Kaiya close to me making her stand in between my legs and cup her face, "cause you are my universe, my everything, my sunset. you still give me butterflies. my lullaby, you are everything I wanted. when you see me runnin', run after me, don't let me go"

I sing lowly attaching our foreheads, she smiles widely while pulling me closer, "I love you" she whispers pecking my lips.

"I love you too" I giggle pressing my lips to hers, "I was down bad in a place where the sun don't shine. had my head down, looked up, then you fell in my life. I was ducking all signs, but look at how the stars aligned, you give me fever, you give me chills. started as strangers, now look what we built"

she closes her eyes as I sing to her until a knock interrupted us making both of us huff, I quickly put on a robe and lower the volume before going to answer.

"hi" I say with furrowed eyebrows at the two girls in front of me, I still keep a small smile though.

"hi, we're your new neighbors. we moved in last week but nobody was here. we just wanted to introduce ourselves" one says, "I'm Emily and this is my twin sister Mila" she says sweetly.

"oh nice to meet you" I say calling for Kaiya, "I'm Billie. welcome I guess" I say with a little laugh.

"wassup baby" I feel Kaiya press against my back, "new neighbors" I tell her.

"oh nice to meet you guys, welcome" she says sweetly, they return sweet smiles getting flustered, "I'll see you guys around" I say closing the door and roll my eyes.

we both go back to the kitchen and go on with our business while Kaiya cooks, I pause the music to call my mom since it has been a minute.

"Billie" is the first thing she says as she picks up, I wave with a big smile as my dad also pops in.

"how are you guys? I hope you ain't a mess without me" I say jokingly, they laugh and show me what they were cooking.

"we're good, how are you sweetie? did you enjoy your vacation?" my mom asks putting her phone down.

"I am good too and of course I did, it was so beautiful there" I gush making Kaiya chuckle, "oh mom meet my girlfriend Kaiya, Kaiya my mom" I introduce while showing Kaiya.

"I finally get to meet the person who stole my daughter and took her across the world from me" my mom says joking making us laugh.

"how are you Mrs O'Connell?" she asks with her charm.

"I'm good sweetie, how are you? and please just call me Maggie" says my mom.

"I am good too, just busting my ass making sure your daughter eats" Kaiya says jokingly making my mom laugh.

"good to know she's eating good, treat her good now Kaiya" my mom says sternly.

"I promise I will, I wouldn't want to make my future in laws mad now, would I?" says Kaiya making me blush and my mom laugh.

"of course not, it's nice to meet you future daughter-in-law" says my mom making kaiya laugh.

"nice to meet you too mama Maggie" she says lastly, I chuckle and bring the phone back to my face.

"Im gonna go now mama, I love you" I says blowing her kisses, she returns them and hangs up. I look up at Kaiya with a smile.

"I hate how easily you can charm people" I say poking her chest, "first those girls, now my mom" I joke making her laugh.

"shut up, I wasn't trying to charms those girls" she says wrapping her arm around my waist to pick me up and wrap my legs around her torso.

"whatever, now they have a hopeless crush" I giggle fixing her eyebrows, she laughs and dishes up for me before putting it on the table for me and makes me take a seat.

"thank you baby" I say as she sits across me, she smiles and starts eating.

y'all sleeping on thuy' album fr.