Keep going

Raphael

After that day, I kept running with Reese. It gave me a chance to clear my head and spend time with her. Plus, JJ said it was excellent therapy and provided positive coping skills. Besides running in the morning, classes had finally started. I welcomed the distraction so that I didn't dwell on the past

I came out of class and found Reese waiting for me. She stood on her toes and planted a kiss on my lips. I wrapped my arm around her waist and lifted her off her feet.

Reese giggled against my lips. "Do you need to remind me that I'm short?"

"Yes," I said against her lips.

Reese rolled my eyes as I lowered her to the ground.

"Oh, come on!" Someone exclaimed.

We turned and noticed Leokadia with Val.

Val leaned into Leokadia. "No."

"Please." Leokadia jutted out her bottom lips and clasped her hands together in front of her.

"Fine," Val groaned.

"Yay!" Leokadia clapped and bounced in her spot.

Val crouched to the ground as Leokadia climbed onto his back. He stood, hooked his arms around her legs, and walked away with her on his back.

"If I pout, will you give me a piggyback ride?" Reese asked me.

"Doubtful since you don't need to pout to get a piggyback ride." I shrugged.

Reese snickered. I snaked my arm around her waist and walked with her to our following classes.

******
Reese

While in class, my phone beeped. I glanced at it to find a message from the coach that she posted the list for volleyball. Once class ended, I packed up my bag and hurried to the door. Rafe was waiting for me. I grabbed his hand and dragged him behind me.

"What's with the rush? Are you eager to get me alone?"

"No! The volleyball coach posted a list of who made the cut!"

Before I said another word, Rafe lifted me and threw me over his shoulder. "Raphael!"

"Your short stubby legs will slow us down! We need to find out if you made the cut!"

"Then carry on!"

Rafe carried me, taking long strides. When we reached the posted list, his back faced the corkboard as I scanned the names.

"Yes!"

Rafe spun me around and glanced at the list until his eyes landed on my name. "Oh, hell yeah!" He set me down on the floor and crashed his lips into mine. "My girl made the team!"

I beamed.

Rafe looked at the other students and pointed at me. "My girl made the volleyball team!"

People stopped and stared at us.

"Yes, my girl made the team!"

Everyone rolled their eyes and continued to their next class.

"Eh, they're pissy because you're my girl." Rafe waved them off.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes. My boyfriend was a nut.

*******
Raphael

Reese and I grabbed sandwiches from a local deli and returned to the house. I wasn't in the mood to hang out with the public. School doesn't count because Ma and Dad are paying for the privilege. Can you imagine telling our parents that we dropped out of college to become hobos? Yeah, that would fly over like tits on a bull.