Unexpected news

Rafe

I didn't have a chance to talk to Reese about her impending job offer until after Pat's party. I had to wait until my folks left, and I could get Reese alone.

"Okay, you're mad because I didn't tell you." Reese paced back and forth in my bedroom while I sat on my bed. "With everything happening, I didn't a get a chance." Reese stopped and looked at me.

"Why would I be mad?"

"Wait. You're not mad about my job offer?"

"No." I shook my head.

"Oh."

I reached Reese, pulled her to me, and looked up at her. "I'm not mad because Uncle Lex offered me a job after graduation."

Reese's brows lifted.

"But so did Uncle Gabe."

Reese's face contorted in confusion.

"I haven't made a decision yet."

"Are you not sure about where to work?"

"Both are great opportunities, but I want to follow my heart."

"And what does your heart say?"

"I want to be where you are because you're my heart."

"That's sweet, but your decision needs to be right for you."

"You're killing me." I groaned.

Reese giggled.

"Can you not ruin a moment for me?"

"I did say it was sweet." Reese shrugged with a grin.

I moved her out of the way, stood up, and padded to the bathroom to shower and change my clothes. When I returned, I found Reese snuggled under the covers in my bed. "Cozy?"

"Yes, I am."

I climbed under the covers as Reese turned onto her side. "I am happy about your job opportunity. Uncle Lex and Aunt Piper will treat you well."

"I'm happy that they're giving me a chance. Plus, I would rather work in a family bakery than a cooperation."

I leaned over and pressed my lips to Reese's as she wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me close to her. Our kissing became heated as Reese stopped.

"What?"

"We don't have to go further if you don't want to."

My eyes searched Reese's as I leaned in and captured her lips. We made work of our clothes, tossing them to the floor. I stopped before we proceeded, grabbed a raincoat from my nightstand, and placed it on. I'll thank Romeo later.

After returning to Reese's lips, I rolled her on her back, positioned myself at her entrance, and slid inside. Reese gasped against my lips. I took it slow with her as she reached for the back of my hair and tugged. My lips moved from her lips down to her neck as I hooked my hand around her upper thigh and rolled my hips back and forth.

Within seconds, Reese matched my rhythm as I slid in and out of her. Our bodies molded together as I opened my eyes as they met with hers. The intensity of our gaze developed a connection so profound I stopped moving. All my emotions flooded me as we connected in that instant.

I crashed my lips into Reese's as I started moving, pushing deeper inside her. Our bodies rocked back and forth as I kept thrusting inside her.

"Oh, God." Reese's voice came out in a pant.

I needed to feel every inch of Reese as I kept going.

"Rafe!"

I drove deeper inside Reese as her muscles tightened around me, causing me to release. Afterward, I didn't move as my eyes met Reese's while I cradled her head. "I love you."