Well, therapy is going well

Rafe

After Halloween, I continued with my therapy sessions with Dr. Shaw. I'm learning more about myself with each session, including today. I stared at the smashed pieces of chair strewn across my floor as I blew air past my lips and ran my hand through my hair.

My bedroom door opened as Reese stopped and stared at the result of my anger. She crept into my bedroom and pointed at the mess. "I'm assuming your therapy session went well today."

I glanced at Reese. "Well, Dr. Shaw wanted me to express my emotions more. I'm not sure if my dad will dig me into destroying furniture." I shrugged.

"Does your mass destruction have to do with Charity and her stupidity?"

I grabbed a trash can and tossed pieces of the chair into it. "How can a girl throw herself at a guy when the guy shows no interest in her? It doesn't make sense to me." I shook my head in disbelief.

Reese helped me clean up my mess. "Because some people can't get it through their thick heads."

"You don't seem bothered with Charity."

Reese tossed a piece of the broken chair into the trash can. "Because you would never cheat on me."

After tossing a piece of broken chair in the trash, I stopped and looked at Reese. "You have an insane amount of faith in me."

Reese gave me a perturbed face as I snickered. "Okay, would you cheat on me?"

"Pft, no."

"You sound sure about your answer."

"Because I am."

"Is that your final answer?"

"Yes."

"Would you like to use your lifeline?" Reese quirked her brow and smirked.

I looked at her with annoyance and rolled my eyes. "Cute."

"Well, Sage said Liam would never cheat on me, and he did, so she was wrong."

"Didn't it ever dawn on you that people can't control what another person does in a relationship? You can do everything right, but it won't matter. The other person will still cheat."

Reese knitted her brows. "I feel like a failure."

"Why?"

"If I had been good enough, Liam would have never cheated on me."

"Is that what you think?"

Reese stared at me, blinking.

"Let me tell you something. Liam was a fool for cheating on you. He had this incredible girl and threw her away for one night with a twat."

Reese tried not to smile as she pulled her lips inward.

"I waited years for a chance with you."

Reese's smile disappeared as her eyes expanded like saucers. Hell, there's no turning back now since the cat is out of the bag.

"What?" Reese asked me.

"When you transferred to school, I wanted to talk to you, but you avoided me."

Reese's jaw slacked.

"I made the mistake of listening to Blair." My face contorted in disgust as I stuck my tongue out.

Reese stared at me as a squeak escaped her mouth.

"Then I found out you dropped a note in Romeo's locker. What the hell? How does my stupid brother rate over me?" I held my arm to the side.