Preparations

Rafe

After having breakfast with Reese, we returned to the house. I ran upstairs to shower, changed my clothes, and left. Hopefully, grumpass is in a better mood than he was this morning.

I shoved my hands in my front jean pockets while walking to meet Romeo and the others. When I reached a pub, I opened the door, entered, headed to a round booth, and slid in next to Marty.

"What took you so long?" Marty asked me.

"I had to shower and change, then sneak out before Reese noticed," I said.

"Okay, let's start this meeting, shall we?" Romeo asked us.

"What meeting? We're planning a date for Raphael," Pat said.

"It's not a 'date,' but a meeting," Romeo said.

"What's with the air quotes?" Val asked.

"I need to emphasize the reason that we gathered here today." Romeo shrugged.

"Then speed it up before I lose my patience," Val said, drumming his fingertips on the tabletop.

"Can we order food?" Marty asked.

"Where do you think you are?" Romeo asked.

"I'm sitting in a pub that serves food, tool. Now, can we order food?" Marty asked.

"Why didn't you eat before you left the house?" Pat asked Marty.

"Who eats before noon in college?" Marty asked Pat.

"People who are hungry," I said.

"I was busy," Marty said.

"Doing what? And don't say sleeping because my room was next to yours while growing up," I said.

"I was sleeping!"

"Since when?" Pat asked.

"Since forever," Marty replied.

"Who cares if Marty whacks one-off? We're getting off track with our meeting," Romeo said.

"Then speed it up," Val told Romeo.

"Fine," Romeo grumbled and started to speak.

"I want a romantic meeting set up with roses, candies, and candles," I interjected.

"Wait. What?" Romeo asked.

"Your matchmaking site includes a date where we can pick what we want, and you must oblige."

"You wanted a meeting and not a date."

"Click." I pressed my finger to the tabletop. "There, I requested a date."

"You can't press your finger on an animate object and expect a date."

"Fine." I pulled out my phone.

"What are you doing?" Romeo looked at our brothers. "What is Rafe doing?"

I pressed my screen as Romeo's phone alerted him. He pulled out his phone and checked his notifications, then glared at me.

"You said I couldn't press an animate object, so I requested a date on your site." I smirked. "Let's see," I scrolled through the selection and tapped on what I wanted, "I want a reserved table with a table cloth, a vase of a dozen red roses, a bowl of candy, and a candle."

"Are you freaking kidding me?"

I looked at Romeo with a shit-eating grin. "Nope, because I paid. Well, you'll refund my money after I tell Ma that this was your idea."