Warm apple pie

Reese

We returned with the apples, and Rafe carried two bags into the kitchen while Liam took the rest to the bakery. After Rafe set the bags on the counter, I grabbed a bowl from the cabinet and placed apples in it to wash them.

"What are you doing?" Rafe asked me.

"I'm washing apples to make apple pie. Can you check to see if we have the ingredients for the pies?"

Rafe opened the pantry and ruffled through it. "Do you know how to make pie?"

"Yeah, and other things. Devin taught me how to cook." I placed the clean apples aside as I rinsed and rubbed each apple.

"Well, I'm not sure if we have the ingredients for pie since Val does most of the cooking."

I turned off the faucet, dried my hands, and checked the pantry for what I needed. We had a few items but not everything that we needed. I grabbed what we did have and carried it to the counter, setting it down. Rafe closed the door and walked over to me.

"We need to go to the grocery store and pick up a few items," I mentioned.

"Okay." Rafe walked over to the doorway. "Hey, Val. I need the car keys!"

"Why?" Val asked from the living room.

"Because Reese needs to go to the grocery store."

"Can I drive?" Pat asked.

"No, because I want to return before I'm too old to give a shit."

"Oh, come on! No one lets me drive!"

"It's not my fault that you're a grandpa with driving." Rafe shrugged.

A giggle escaped my lips.

"Fine, you can drive." Rafe rolled his eyes. "Now quit pouting like a big baby." Rafe shook his head and walked over to me. "Why don't you give me a list of what you need, and we'll make a run to the store?"

"Let me see your phone." I held out my palm.

Rafe dug his phone out of his pocket and handed it to me. I opened the notes app and typed a shortlist of what items we needed. Then I handed Rafe's phone back to him. He stared at me dumbfounded.

"What?"

"You're not going to go through my phone?"

"No. Why?"

"Most girls will check their boyfriend's phones to see if they're talking to other girls."

"Are you talking to other girls?"

"Well, yeah."

I arched my brow and placed my hand on my hip.

"I talk to Kate, Leokadia, Rowan, Sage, and Bailey."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "They don't count."

"It doesn't bother you that I talk to them?"

"No, because I trust you."

Rafe moved towards me, placed his hands on my face, and crashed his lips into mine. My arms flailed until I grabbed the side of his hoodie to steady myself. He worked my lips over, leaving them swollen before breaking from the kiss. "God, I love you."

My lips curled upward as I grinned. Rafe pecked my lips and walked away as I returned to cleaning the apples with a goofy smile on my face.

*******
Rafe

I came out of the kitchen to find Pat bouncing in his spot next to the front door. "Come on, Grandpa."

Pat rolled his eyes as we left the house. Pat drove to the store as I sat in the front passenger seat. It's a good thing the store wasn't that far from home, or we might arrive next month. Pat pulled into a parking spot. We exited the car and walked toward the store's entrance.