Honesty

Raphael

Reese and I headed out for our early morning run, even though I'm not a fan of running. It's not like the cops or my dad is chasing me, which is a fun time. It starts with the cops. When the cops catch us and bring us home, we run again because Dad will beat our asses if we don't.

"So, I need to tell you something," Reese said in between breaths.

"Does it involve the cops?"

"No."

"Does it involve my dad?"

"No."

"Then fire away."

"I sort of, kind of slept with someone when I was in high school."

"How do you sort of, kind of sleep with someone? Either you do, or you don't."

"Okay, fine. I did."

I knew what Reese wanted to tell me since Romeo had already told me. I figured I would see if her story matched his. "So, what happened?"

"Well, when you dated Blair, I got pissed."

"We've established this point, but go on."

"Blair and I attended this party, and I drank at the party. I ended up blotto, and a guy helped me. After that, it got hazy until I woke up next to him without any clothes on."

I stopped running and looked at Reese.

Reese stopped running and turned to me.

I put my hands on my hips. "Did someone spike your drink?"

"No, because I poured my drink and held onto it."

"Did you know the guy's identity?"

"Not until I ran into him at your family's bakery."

"Oh?"

"It was Liam's brother." Reese cringed.

I scrunched my nose and squinted my eyes. "You dated Liam for a year. Didn't you ever meet Odin?"

"No, because his brother was always working." Reese shrugged.

"Do you have a weird fetish with brothers?"

Reese's eyes popped. "What? No!" Reese crossed her arms in front of her dramatically. "I didn't even realize they were from the same family."

"Didn't the dark hair and blue eyes give it away?"

Reese gave me an annoyed look.

"What's with you keeping it in the family?"

"Rafe!" Reese clenched her fists against her sides.

"Should I worry about my brothers since Marty is single?"

Reese stared at me and blinked. "Wait. Why doesn't my news piss you off?" She put her palm up to me.

"Because Romeo told me." I smirked.

Reese dropped her hand. "What?"

"Sage called Romeo after your bakery encounter with my cousins. Then Romeo told me." I shrugged.

Reese blew air past her lips.

I walked towards Reese, draped my arms on her shoulders, and looked into her eyes. "I'm not worried about your past with my cousins. I'm focusing on us."

"I didn't want any secrets between us."

"Then don't lie to me, and we won't have any issues. Is there anything else that you need to get off your chest?"