C. 62

Reagan's PoV

We all sat nervously in the hallway before a nurse stepped out of the room.
"You can see him now, he's awake. He's a little tired still" she gave us all a smile before Raven jumped out of her seat, rushing into the room with us following.
I knew how much he meant to her and it broke my heart.

Walking into the room my heart clenched at the sight of Raven knelt down at the side of his bed holding onto his hands while she cried.

Xavier was sitting up in the hospital bed with a white blanket covering his lower body. His hospital gown was open slightly, revealing the stitches on his chest.

"You can't ever leave me, you understand right?" She sobbed while he nodded his head with tears streaming down his face. Xavier glanced over towards us with a smile.

"I'm okay Reagan, you can relax." Letting out a shaky breath I unclenched my fists before walking over to them.

"These stitches make me look more badass though" Xavier laughed quietly. Earning a small laugh from everyone.

"You scared us, everyone was worried" West reached over and patted his head.

"I don't really remember what happened too well"  Xavier grumbled under his breath before leaning his head against the pillow.

"The only thing I remember is being close to home and suddenly feeling a burning sensation at my back..."

Of course he wouldn't remember. He had lost so much blood. He was lucky to make it to the door...

"D-do you think it was my brother?" Alex spoke up. I quickly turned to her. I felt my blood boil. It was most likely him and my father. Alex looked down at the ground with tears in her eyes. My mind wandered back to my argument with West. Was me not showing up to that event the reason Xavier was injured like this?

"Maybe I should go back, what if he's doing this because I won't come home?" Wiping her eyes I shook my head. "You're not going back to them. Your home is with us now. Believe it or not"

"Reagan's right Alex. You're not going anywhere" Raven glanced over her shoulder, her eyes red from crying.
--------------------------------

Rubbing my temples I leaned against Zacks shoulder. He had been quiet the entire ride home. West decided to stay with Xavier, even though Raven probably wanted to. Instead she drove us home with Alex by her side.

"Everything will be fine" Sitting up I tapped Ravens shoulder while we sat at the red light. Her grip on the steering wheel was deadly 
"You can stop worrying so much now. Xavier's fine."

"Yeah, for now he is. But what if something like this happens again? What if it's someone else—what if something happens to you again, Reagan" Caught off guard with her words I sat back in the seat. She was right.

"What do you think we'll do? Stop them before they even think they have the chance again" Zack snapped at Raven. "I like the way you think, but do you even have a plan?"

Raven glanced at us in the rearview mirror.
"Of course I do, we just—"

"Can we stop talking about this? I'm sorry but I don't want to think about it" Alexandria rushed out her words before the car fell silent. I felt guilty at how they were speaking.

This was her family we were talking about. How could we be so dumb?

"I'm sorry, we shouldn't be talking about this in front of you" Sighing Raven ran her hand through her hair.

"Even though he is a terrible person—he's still my brother. I know what he's done. It's so hard to just forget everything."

"I understand" After we pulled into the driveway we got out. The breeze burned against my face. Alex was struggling with this, with the idea of it all. And we were all talking about it as if she wasn't related to him.

My heart broke for her and I felt guilty for not being concerned about her up until now.