C.18

Reagan's PoV

"Why do they bother you anyways?" Zack looked towards me while he stuffed his face with the disgusting cafeteria food, today was their own take on lasagna, but it looked like throw up.

"Maybe it's because I'm simply too beautiful for them to handle." Shrugging my shoulders I lean back in the chair.

The only thing I really ate—well drink was orange juice.

Grabbing the small carton off the table I sip on it, listening to Zack try to hide his laugh.

Usually West would have some type of meal ready for me when I got home, so I didn't have to suffer with this terrible food.

"Stop joking around" Zack held the fork in his hand, pointing it at me. "It's probably because they're jealous"

"Jealous of what?" Frowning I sat up, placing the orange juice on the table.
"Because you're always with me, literal perfection."

Literal perfection? What a joke.
In a way, maybe he was.

"Who told you that lie?" Zack gasped at my question, but his response was quickly cut off as the bell rang.

"Time for class" I stood up, grabbing his crutches to hand them to him. He took them with a frown while I threw the garbage out.

For some reason, Zack walked faster than me, even with the crutches. I watched him with narrow eyes as he walked ahead of me to his locker.

We currently had gym, but he always liked to take a break at his locker. "Here" Zack dropped his phone in my hand along with the gray hoodie to his jumpsuit.

Now the real question—could I resist snooping in his phone? Nope.

Throwing his hoodie over my shoulder I turned on his phone to see a large black Pitbull as his lockscreen. It had a pale pint collar with purple stars on it.

"You have a Pitbull?" I absolutely loved animals, specifically dogs.

He nodded his head, fumbling through all the junk in his locker. "You just have one? Or are there more?"

After guessing what his password was I finally got it. '1208' Did those numbers have any significance to him? Or was it random?

Glancing back at me he snatched his phone away from me, stopping me from aimlessly scrolling through his gallery. "We have a Pitbull and a Boston Terrier." 

Zack shoved his phone into his pocket, then grabbed a small box from the top of his locker. "Here"

Turning towards me he placed the small box in my hands. A late birthday present. Cute. I looked up towards him with a smile on my face.

"Is this my present?" Zack glanced down at me with a blush tinting his face.

"Just open it" He gently took his hoodie off my shoulder, then pulled it over his head, messing up his hair.

Carefully opening the box a peridot necklace sat neatly inside. How much did he spend on this?

"It's so pretty" Mumbling I pulled it out of the box, taking a closer look at it.

"Why peridot?" Looking up at him, Zack rubbed the back of his neck. "It's my birthstone, just wear it"

"You were born in August." Grinning I turn around, unclipping the necklace. "Help me put it on?" I closed my eyes, feeling his hands grab it.

"Thank you" I glanced behind me to see a small smile on his face, it made my heart skip a beat.
What was going on?

"C-come on, we're going to be late" Looking down at the ground I quickly walk ahead of him towards the gymnasium.