C.41

Reagan's PoV

I glanced towards the sound of her voice, Mrs. Charles. Her face was filled with terror. "M-Mrs. Charles" Stuttering I winced at the stinging of my nose.

 "What the hell are you two doing? Oh my God, what happened to him!" She pointed towards Brian. I felt a shudder run down my spine. 

Zack was what happened. 

"He said something that bothered me" Zack whispered, looking down at me and offering his hand. I slowly moved mine up towards his, grabbing gently. 

"That doesn't make it okay!" She grabbed onto his arm, glaring at him. "I'm sick of seeing you getting into trouble!" My eyes widened slightly. How often did Zack get into trouble now? Was it because of me? I knew that this would happen but I was being greedy. 

"Why do you care anyways? That stupid fuck keeps messing with Reagan and I'm going to defend him no matter what" Zack had anger written on his face while he stared at her. I felt my heart skip a beat at how he was slowly changing. 

Was it for the best though? The thought of him changing in a negative way made my heart drop. 

He pointed towards Brian. I hadn't noticed the nurse rushing over with two medics. Her white jacket flowed while she did, along with her red hair. 

It was cut into a bob and her sharp emerald eyes were focused on the task at hand. 

"Zackery Peterson" I jumped, glancing up to see one of the assistant principals, Mr. Hansen. He was an older man with dark brown hair that was faded and slightly longer on the top. He had hazel eyes and he wore a black suit. 

"Come with me now, Reagan go with Mrs. Charles while Ms. Rosare takes care of this mess" He grumbled, turning away from us. Zack let go of my hand and followed Mr. Hansen with his hands shoved into his pockets. The blood on his hands was smeared against his pants. 

"Come with me, Reagan.." I looked up at her to see her giving me a small smile, even though it was fake it made me feel a little better. She held a tissue in her hand and gave it to me. I pressed it up against my nose. 

Nodding my head I slowly followed her in the opposite direction, I ignored everything going on next to me and followed her to the nurse's office. 

"You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable with it, but what is your relationship with Zack?" I felt my heart skip a beat while she held the door open for me. Her eyes were searching for an answer and I felt like she was reading me like an open book.

 "We're just close friends" Walking over to the beds I dropped myself down, she hummed, going over to the medicine cabinet. Mrs. Charles came back over to me with an icepack, I took it gently from her.

 "Thank you" Mumbling I jumped at the feeling. 

I sat on the bed in the nurse's office holding a small icepack against my nose. My nose had stopped bleeding but the pain was still there.

 She sat at the desk in the corner with her legs crossed. She looked lost in thought while she stared at the window. Letting out a sigh I put the icepack down. Zack would either be suspended or expelled. If he was expelled I would feel terrible. 

"Reagan.." I glanced up at her to see her looking directly at me, there was a serious look on her face which made me nervous.

 "Even though I don't know you well, I think of you as one of my children, and I want you to tell me when things are wrong." Mrs. Charles's eyes felt like they were burning holes into me. I couldn't speak. I only sat still looking back at her. 

How could I respond to that? I felt my entire body warm at the thought of her thinking of me like family. I bet she's a great mother.

 "T-thank you" I whispered, fumbling around with the icepack. "Anytime, but that makes me wonder, why was Zack so furious with Brian?" 

Just his name made me want to vomit. The feeling in my body was gone and was replaced with an icy cold feeling. "No one likes Brian" I pointed out, hopping off of the bed. 

She only shrugged her shoulders and stood up.  

"Most people like him, actually. But for some reason, he hates him" I followed her out of the nurse's office. She continued to ramble on about Brian while we were walking. I felt my body become tenser at the second. She was talking about him as if he was perfect. I came to a halt, she walked slightly ahead of me before stopping.

 "Reagan?" 

My hands were balled into fists and my body was shaking. Tears were pooled in my eyes and she rushed over to me with wide eyes. 

"Reagan, your bleeding again" She grabbed a tissue out of her purse moving her hand towards my face. Smacking her hand away Mrs. Charles looked hurt. It was quickly washed away and replaced with confusion. 

"Brian isn't perfect- actually he's terrible. Just because he seems perfect near you doesn't mean he is around everyone else." Tears were streaming down my face and I found myself crying. Mrs. Charles didn't say anything, she just stood in front of me.

 "R-Reagan" I closed my eyes, rubbing my face before I felt her arms around me. She held me against her chest while I cried in the empty hallway. Without saying a word we stood still until my crying died into hiccups. Pulling away from me she looked down at me with a small smile. 

"No matter what happens to you, you can always come to me for help" She pressed the tissue against my nose and I immediately felt like a child. 

My mother treated me like shit and my father shaped me into a monster for his own benefit.

 For his own wealth. 

At the moment, I welcomed Mrs. Charles as if she was my actual mother. Maybe this was the affection I was craving for. A loving parental figure, it was something I never had truly experienced for myself.

 I nodded my head, looking away from her.