Dead Man on Campus

---

---

I laid on the exam table as my medwife checks my baby, "You're getting farther along Aaliyah!" she cheered bubbily as it went silent and the baby's heartbeat filled the room making me smile. "It's still a girl right?" I asked chuckling making the medwife giggle, "Yep! Still a girl! She's very healthy, and seems to like the attention." She says and I look at the screen as the baby moved like she was wiggling. "Figure out a name yet?" She asked me making me sigh, "A couple." I tell her and she smirked. "I over heard with the ladies up front that you're going on a trip." She says and I smile this time, "That's right, I'm finishing my first semester then i'm going to New Orleans to be with.. family." I tell her and she nods, "That sounds lovely baby."

-

I enter the Lockwood estate, as I go into the old cellar. I sit in the middle of the room as all the candles ignite. "Celia." I speak and she appears before me. "Why do I feel as if something bad is happening? Like a bad stench in the air? Should I leave for New Orleans sooner?" I asked her and she shook her head. "Nobody can harm you here Aaliyah, not while you and I are one. I give you my word." She says and disapears making me smile softly and nod. Time to get ready for the party.

-

My heels clicked as I walked into the lab, "Damon! I got your text!" I called out, "In here!" he sang and I walked in seeing Dr

My heels clicked as I walked into the lab, "Damon! I got your text!" I called out, "In here!" he sang and I walked in seeing Dr. Maxfield tied to a gurney and I froze, What the hell. I then turned to see Damon going through his refridgerator. "What do you want?" Dr Maxfield asked, "What I want is to be drinking copious quantities of booze and making out with my girlfriend, but unfortunately, I can't do that until I get a bunch of answers out of you." He opens the door, "Whoa! Aaliyah look at these!"

"Careful with those!" He snaps, as I walk over, "These?" I asked as Damon holds up a tray of vials from the refrigerator. "These, right here? What? I mean, we're on a college campus, right? Full of students? I mean, I can't imagine an M.D. with a bunch of infectious diseases just lying around." I snapped, "M.D. PhD. I'm a researcher." He tells us, "That explains it. I know a lot of people like you. Science over medicine, right? Let me guess. You use these" Damon says directing his attention to the material he pulled out of the neighboring fridge, "on your little vampire lab rats, don'tcha?"